Thank you very much IcmelerOnline.

Photo Gallery for Icmeler, Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderator: blondie

Thank you very much IcmelerOnline.

Postby TIMUK » 28 Aug 2006 11:35

Hello everybody,

Arrived back home in the North West UK yesterday 26th August after two fantastic weeks in Icmeler. The only delay we had was at Manchester Airport on the 11th August, our flight was put back 1 hour but when we arrived at Dalaman we gained most of this back because from getting off the plane and collecting our luggage we was in the Private Transfer 25 minutes later. Nice to see Ali again, thanks mate for the nice smooth transfer to Icmeler at 6.30am lovely views in the daylight this time as the last 2 times we have travelled in darkness. Also the fresh water onboard was a nice gesture and the two ladies liked the DVD.

Before I forget, we was sat in seat 02 a b and c lots of leg room, and at around 3 am the sky on my side was slightly red on the Horizon, about 1 hour later the Sun was starting to rise, the colour was fantastic, Ive never seen anything like this before, and also we was lucky on the way home to see the sun rising at 6.30am in Dalaman just as we was taking off. Funny thing was, it took us 1 ½ hours from Icmeler to Dalaman and when we flew home we flew over Turunc, Icmeler and Marmaris we could see the Towns below us some 9 minutes later into our flight.

We arrived at the Tuncay in Icmeler at 9am and were greeted by Mustafa and his lovely wife Fatima, really nice to see them both again and I think they felt the same way as the welcome we got was warm and friendly. Mustafa showed us to our room that was to be next to his for the following two weeks {as Mustafa said neighbours}. We unpacked {well Sue did} and by 11am we went off to visit John at Icmeler online to drop some goodies off. Another warm welcome from Icmeler online, John, Sharon and I hope I have Paulines name correct otherwise Im in trouble yet again, anyway Pauline went off to fetch me a cold Efes and the two ladies a drink, now that's a nice welcome. Sharon looks 100 times better than on the pictures we see in the threads, a real nice lady.

After meeting John, Sharon and Pauline we then went to The Old Famous to let Lavent and all the great staff know that we had arrived safe and well. We could have spent our whole two weeks dining at the Old Famous as the Food and Service was second to none, 3rd year on the run here and they never fail you, also this year it was nice to meet Yvonne, another fantastic lady who couldn't do enough for you and made everybody laugh.

After having some breakfast here we then went off to The 3 Bells on the Main Street just to let Mehmet, Sonja, Smiley and all the other lads {cant remember all the names sorry} that we would be here for two weeks. I asked were Dolphin was and sadly they told me that he had moved back home, this was upsetting as we had really taken to him over the years and this year we thought the 3 bells wasn't the same without the great lads who made us laugh over the previous years. Though we do understand that the staff moves on all the time same as some places stay open and some change.

Next we went to see Murat and his lovely wife Sona at Firuze Jewellers, yet again another warm welcome and the Apple Tea was welcomed as the Temperature was near to 50c if I remember rightly. We bought some nice earrings at Firuze Sona did me a great deal which I was over the moon with and also Sue & Emma were very happy Aswell.

The Sunday and the Monday we spent chilling out around the pool, meeting new people in the apartments, small world to as there was a family in the apartments from the same Town as us, nice to meet them.

As we was in the Old Town we spend quite a bit of time walking, we don't mind this as you really look forward to youre dinner of a evening after a 10 minute walk or so to the centre of Town. On the 1st Wednesday we decided to walk to Marmaris, we arrived at the Statue near the Tansas 2 ½ hours later as we had to keep stopping for a breather as it was very hot this day. Sampled a Burger King and then jumped back onto a boat for the return back to Icmeler, 15 lira is what we was charged for the 3 of us which was good value.

Friday we went on the Surf N Turf which is great value for money, we do this boat trip every year and it's still fantastic 3 years later, and it's nice that the Captain remembers you all.
The following Tuesday Emma and I did the Jeep Safari and for £7.50 you couldn't have a better day. I was like a 10 year old kid; absolutely fantastic it was and our driver Schumacher really did look after all of us. Emma loved this trip and would have done it again the next day.

We really don't know where the 2 weeks went, just relaxing at the Tuncay and going out of an evening really made this a fantastic Holiday. We met RedRhino 1 evening in the Lion Bar, absolutely fantastic evening and Gene is a cracking fella, we was supposed to meet up on the Saturday evening at the 3 Bells but I was in no fit state to as I was intoxicated after the Liverpool match, so I apologise Gene for not turning up mate. Which reminds me, I wander if JessFM had room number 2 at the Tuncay and had a iffy bed but didn't tell Mustafa cos when I got in after the Football in the Afternoon the bed collapsed and Mustafa had to go get me a new one on Sunday morning !! {The two maids were larffing when they came the next day, I'm sure they were thinking something else}.

We just want to say a big thank you to everybody at IcmelerOnline for making this another Fantastic Holiday for the 3 of us, great service even the Welcome pack had Tea Bags in which is a nice touch.
We want to come back next year John but unsure on what Emma wants to do at the moment so I'll be letting you know shortly if it's just Sue and I or if Emma wants to come along to.

Ok I'll stop wittering now and let you enjoy some photos.

Good morning John.

First evening at the Old Famous Kitchen.

A great night in the Lion Bar.

A view from our Balcony.

Down by the Canal.

Couldn't resist this one.

I wander who this is :wink:

A great view when we walked from Icmeler to Marmaris.

Bob the Builder :D

A night at the Waterfall Restaurant.

Lavent and the Ladies.

Surf & Turf boat trip.

Selimiye.

A trip out to Turunc, Mustafa our chaufferer.

A view into the Old Town of Icmeler.

Off to the Old Famous again

Now this little girl will break many a heart in years to come

A very proud Grandaddy here and so he should be :wink:

Our last evening at the Old Famous.

A brilliant Holiday, food was fantastic prices were fantastic to, can't wait to get back.

Regards,

The Rigby Family.

PS. John Toohey thanks again mate for getting me home safely.
TIMUK

Advertisement

Postby shaz » 28 Aug 2006 11:42

Nice pics Tim and glad you had a good time and arrived home safely. Thanks for the compliments :lol: and yeah its tracy not pauline :lol: i expect she will forgive you though. Lovely picture of Mustafa and grandaughter i will show him when he comes to the office.

Sharon
ICR Representative
shaz

Postby TIMUK » 28 Aug 2006 11:48

Good afternoon Sharon :wink:

Thank's.....I've promised Mustafa that I will send the Photo's on from this end, I'll post them to him at Xmas time, think he will be made up with them as they have turned out superb :wink:

Sorry Tracy for getting you're name wrong :wink:

I've another promise to make, and that's not to get pished again on my Holiday as I'm just a mess, sorry for being a pain John.

Sharon..We would like to book into the Tuncay again next year if possible, just unsure of the dates at the present time, please could you let us know what's available thanks.

Regards,

The Rigby Family :wink:
TIMUK

Postby tania » 28 Aug 2006 14:02

Hi Tim

Glad you had another wonderful holiday! Your review cheered me up no end, :) I miss Icmeler soooo much I look forward to reading other peoples reviews, it helps me keep in touch witht he place! Your piccies havent disappointed me either, you must have a very good camera too, as well as a good eye for a scenic pic or two! Thanks again

Tania
tania

Postby TIMUK » 28 Aug 2006 15:21

Now thats a nice reply Tania thank you :wink:

We have only been back a couple of days now and missing Icmeler already :!:

The camera I was using was on the minimal settings as it's 7.2 mega pixels if it's on this setting then I only get around 350 pictures onto a 1 meg SD card. These were taken at 5 mega pixel on Normal settings and not best settings. The camera was half price a few month back in Dixons, it's a Casio Xilim EX Z120 :wink:

Regards

TIMUK.
TIMUK

Postby diannne123 » 28 Aug 2006 15:41

I would also like to say a big thank you for the airport transfer. We arrived to see somebody holding a board with my name up, after a very quick comfortable transfer we were in Icmeler.

We also booked a Jeep Safari which was great fun.

Our last day arrived and people from our apartments were collected by coach at 10.45pm, we were collected at 1.20am and we checked in 3 families behind them!!

Thanks again to you all

Diane & family
diannne123

Advertisement

Postby Caltonian » 28 Aug 2006 16:22

Great review TIM. Im off in 2 weeks for my first ever time in Icmeler (and Turkey) so your great photos have given me an even better idea of what the place looks like. Thanks alot ;)
Caltonian

Postby TIMUK » 28 Aug 2006 17:10

Thanks Caltonian :wink:

You will love Imeler I can assure you that :wink:

Have a great Holiday.

Regards,

TIMUK.
TIMUK

Postby Diane Rigby » 28 Aug 2006 19:06

Great review TIM and loverly pictures. We returned recenlty and your pics just reminded me of what we are missing. Didn't realise we have the same surname. Great name though. Di. :)
Diane Rigby

Postby Colette » 28 Aug 2006 19:41

Tim great piccies

Had to put this in here as we need to keep all the piccies in the same forum, and as they were posted with the review I can not seperate them :D
Colette

Postby TIMUK » 28 Aug 2006 20:14

I noticed the same surname to Diane :wink:

Cheers :wink:

Colette no probs, :lol:
TIMUK

Advertisement

Postby redrhino12 » 29 Aug 2006 13:44

Great review Tim and some lovely pics.
Nice to have met you and the family we also saw you in the kitchen and dream3bells but didnt have a chance to talk to you but maybe next time we will share a few more jars.

Gene
redrhino12

Postby TIMUK » 29 Aug 2006 13:50

Hello Gene :wink:

Was nice to meet you to mate and the Family, hopefully next year we can have some time together for a chat, and I shall stay on Su :D

Take care mate :wink:

Tim.
TIMUK

Postby bec » 29 Aug 2006 16:27

Arrrr great review Tim....cant wait to get back now,just 20days!!
Oh about Dolphin (yunus),have been speaking to him alot on msn,he was working in sweetbrothers and last week went back home to Mugla as his grandmother is ill.Will pm you his email address if you want it.

Walked into Marmaris in that heat Tim!!...we done it in October once,was nice but couldnt of done it in August!!

Glad you had a lovely time...ahem that Gene one gets around doesnt he haha

Bec x
bec

Postby TIMUK » 30 Aug 2006 18:23

Thanks Bec :wink:

Sorry to hear about Dolphins Gran...geez this nice fella always seems to get it bad.

I would appretiate the email addy thank's, as I don't think smiley and mehmet would remember to pass on our regards to Dolphin.

Thanks again Bec :wink:
TIMUK

Postby MUSTAPHABUN » 03 Sep 2006 02:44

smashing review tim,with some lovely photos.i especially like the one of gene and BORIS BECKER :shock:
MUSTAPHABUN

Advertisement

Postby red wine » 03 Sep 2006 13:45

Thanks David :wink:

I see what you mean now Boris Becker in the background, dead right mate don't half look like him :D

TIMUK.
red wine

Postby redrhino12 » 03 Sep 2006 15:26

It was a couple we met from Holland.
Spent a couple of nights with them at the Lion, this was their last night.

Gene
redrhino12

• Advertisement

Return to Photo Gallery.