Outdoor entertainment ban

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Outdoor entertainment ban

Postby salford_steve » 27 Mar 2010 18:53

I have heard that the Mayor is trying to bring in a ban on bars doing outdoor entertainment. Has anyone heard anything about this? Maybe Rami could shed some light on it.

Steve
salford_steve

Advertisement

Re: Outdoor entertainment ban

Postby jambogarry » 28 Mar 2010 14:07

I heard that it is more to do with the "dancing waiters". ie: they cant be a Bar, nightclub,restaraunt, or funpub! all at the same time. They have to be one and not all.If that makes sense?
Whoever they choose to be they must get the proper paperwork for it.
jambogarry

Postby salford_steve » 28 Mar 2010 17:17

I am refering to Bacchus bar where Bella Berserk works and has been for the last 5 years without any problems and the police are often stood outside watching and clapping and laughing along to the show. They have now been told they are not allowed to do a show, I don't see what the problem is as it is a showbar like Harmony is just they have no roof and it is all open air they serve food before the show starts and once the show finishes they close. And as it is part of the Hotel I don't see why it should concern the mayor as surely a hotel is allowed to offer an entertainment program.

Steve
salford_steve

Postby jambogarry » 28 Mar 2010 18:03

salford_steve wrote:I am refering to Bacchus bar where Bella Berserk works and has been for the last 5 years without any problems and the police are often stood outside watching and clapping and laughing along to the show. They have now been told they are not allowed to do a show, I don't see what the problem is as it is a showbar like Harmony is just they have no roof and it is all open air they serve food before the show starts and once the show finishes they close. And as it is part of the Hotel I don't see why it should concern the mayor as surely a hotel is allowed to offer an entertainment program.

Steve

Iam sure the Bacchus has had the proper paperwork in place over the many years, I was not saying they did not have.
Like you said..They have now been told they are not allowed to do a show, I don't see what the problem is as it is a showbar like Harmony is ...
I struggle to see what the problem is RE: Shows, Acts.... The changes over the years are making Bar/Restaraunt owners tow the line when it come's to the rules of the law.
I agree with the Hotel being able to provide for it's customers as that is what customers pay for..

Overall I dont think many people in Marmaris have a clue what the new rules are.,,, The season 2010 will be more clearer.

Garry.
jambogarry

Postby salford_steve » 28 Mar 2010 21:00

[/quote]
Iam sure the Bacchus has had the proper paperwork in place over the many years, I was not saying they did not have.
Like you said..They have now been told they are not allowed to do a show, I don't see what the problem is as it is a showbar like Harmony is ...
I struggle to see what the problem is RE: Shows, Acts.... The changes over the years are making Bar/Restaraunt owners tow the line when it come's to the rules of the law.
I agree with the Hotel being able to provide for it's customers as that is what customers pay for..

Overall I dont think many people in Marmaris have a clue what the new rules are.,,, The season 2010 will be more clearer.

Garry.[/quote]

Hi

Sorry I didn't mean you to think I was implying you meant they didnt have the correct paperwork.

Like you say no one knows what they have planned, but if these changes are comeing into place then I think it really will affect tourism as people want to go on Holiday and be entertained.

Steve
salford_steve

Postby jambogarry » 29 Mar 2010 12:10

Sorry Steve I did not mean for it to sound the way it did :oops:

From a tourist point of view they seem to be shooting themself in the foot!!

Hopefully the changes are for the longterm good ,even if the short term is rocky.

Garry.
jambogarry

Advertisement

Postby salford_steve » 29 Mar 2010 18:49

Will just have to wait and see, as people seem to be saying different things. I don't think anyone knows what is really planned. We will just have to wait.

Steve
salford_steve

Postby Chris » 29 Mar 2010 21:30

I for one will be dissapointed this year if I cant go out for a meal and be entertained afterwards. :(
Chris

Postby jambogarry » 29 Mar 2010 21:54

Chris wrote:I for one will be dissapointed this year if I cant go out for a meal and be entertained afterwards. :(

Tell the Mayor..
jambogarry

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum