A very different holiday for me

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

A very different holiday for me

Postby Christabel » 26 Mar 2010 19:17

As some of you already know I sadly lost my husband Andy this year and in May I will be going to Turunc for the first time in 6 years without him - so many happy memories. I am sure the blue sky and sea will make me feel better. 7 weeks to go and the thought of that gets me through these tough days.

Christine
Christabel

Advertisement

Re: A very different holiday for me

Postby blondie » 26 Mar 2010 19:42

Condolences on your loss, Christine - it must be very difficult coming to terms with a loss like that, but I hope your holiday does help in some small way. I'm sure the wonderful hospitality of the Turkish people will help too. My thoughts are with you.
blondie

Postby reesy1959 » 27 Mar 2010 05:07

Sorry to hear your sad news Christine. I am sure your trip will give you some good memories.
reesy1959

Postby Colette » 27 Mar 2010 18:44

Sorry to hear your news Christine, I hope you will find peace in a small way in Turunc, and I am sure you will feel Andy there with you in many ways :)
Colette

Postby salford_steve » 27 Mar 2010 18:47

Sorry to hear about your husband christine. I hope you have a wonderful time, and like colette says I am sure he will be right beside you when you visit the special places you shared together.

Steve x
salford_steve

Postby jambogarry » 28 Mar 2010 14:16

Christabel wrote:As some of you already know I sadly lost my husband Andy this year and in May I will be going to Turunc for the first time in 6 years without him - so many happy memories. I am sure the blue sky and sea will make me feel better. 7 weeks to go and the thought of that gets me through these tough days.

Christine

If anything can lift your spirits it will be Turkey+ Turnuc.
Your happy memories will keep your head raised high with a smile :D .
Enjoy yourself, Iam sure your husband would want it to be that way.

All the best.
Garry xxx
jambogarry

Advertisement

Postby juju » 29 Mar 2010 12:33

So sorry to hear your very sad news Christine.Hope you will feel better in Turunc.Last year in June we met a lady on a boat trip who was on her first visit to Icmeler without her husband.He had died the previous winter.She was very elderly and had done the boat trip because he had always loved them.I think she gained a lot of comfort from the Turkish people who remembered her and also through talking to people she met on her holiday.Julie xx
juju

Postby kelebek1966 » 29 Mar 2010 13:02

Christine, sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure you will find great comfort from your visit to turunc. I lost my mum 5 years ago just before a planned holiday to icmeler. It was a little strange but we flew out to Turkey in the evening of the day that we'd held my mum's funeral. (My dad and brother pulled out all the stops so that I could still get off on my holiday). Although my mum had never been to Turkey, the holiday did help me. The sunshine and friendly people helped to lift my spirits and the special atmosphere in icmeler helped me to remember all the good things that I had shared with my mum.
kelebek1966

Postby JT » 29 Mar 2010 13:30

Kelebeck you never actually met Christine as far as I know but you have seen her before as she turned up at the Bar 48 in Turunc when we were all in fancy dress to say hello
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby LynnJenny » 25 May 2010 20:14

sorry on your sad loss but he will allways be with you the turkish people will be their for you
LynnJenny

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum