turunc at night

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

turunc at night

Postby geordiespurs » 09 Mar 2010 08:05

we are thinking about spending a night in turunc is there much to do and my wife says is it worth the trip over the mountain in the dark because she is a bit wary of it
geordiespurs

Advertisement

Re: turunc at night

Postby Turuncveteran » 09 Mar 2010 08:34

You may guess from my username that I enjoy Turunc.

Its a lovely place day or night - no-where near as busy as Icmeler - but I suppose it depends what you are after. Its full of good quality resturants and I've never had a bad meal in 12 visits at different times of the year. There are also a few bars and plenty of shops to have browse in, open as usual until 11/12 every night. Its a very relaxing place and none of the hassle you get in Marmaris - as in Icmeler you'll soon be treated as a friend once they get to know you.

Regarding the trip over the mountain, its not as bad as some make out - but I suppose it depends if you are scared of heights - I personally love the ride up and down the mountain. On the other hand you can always catch the water taxi over and back but you would have to check on running times (its only about £1 dearer each way via boat so hardly expensive).

Let me know if you want to know anything else.
Turuncveteran
New User
New User

Postby kelebek1966 » 09 Mar 2010 12:37

We love turunc too. Most of our holidays are spent in icmeler but we usually pay a visit to turunc, sometimes making it an overnight stay. We have also spent our holidays in turunc. The view over the mountain is spectacular. Turunc is a lovely little village, very friendly and you can expect the usual Turkish hospitality in all the little bars and restaurants. It's obviously a lot quieter than icmeler but it really does have a charm of its own. A word of warning though - beware the day that John's birthday boat trip lands in turunc! :lol: You will see a boatful of nutcases in fancy dress roaming up the main road and down the beach in turunc.
kelebek1966

Postby Turuncveteran » 09 Mar 2010 17:35

kelebek1966 - assuming you were born in 1966, your love of Turunc and you live near Reading - you are not my wife are you !! :lol:
Turuncveteran
New User
New User

Postby kelebek1966 » 10 Mar 2010 12:58

Turuncveteran - not your wife unless you are the pink fairy who went on John's birthday boat trip last year! The 1966 relates to the last (and only) time England won the world cup, so hoping that I can change my name this year! I've sent you a PM re. the Turkish restaurant in Reading on the other thread.
kelebek1966

Postby LynnJenny » 19 Oct 2010 19:05

i would like to spend the night their their are lots of nice little hotels
LynnJenny

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum