Slippy feet

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

hi

Postby roadrunner77 » 10 May 2009 19:38

hi folks you girls seem to have a lot of problems my feet seem fine after a dozen efes well i hopeyou find a solution lol
roadrunner77
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby Jozzyd » 10 May 2009 19:39

Who looks at anyone elses feet????? I don't care how well manicured, feet are horrible. So. wear flip flops and be comfortable, you can get fancy ones these days too. Me, good old Birkenstocks :D
Jozzyd

Postby LynnJenny » 10 May 2009 21:48

has anyone taken their shoes off on the plane then cant get them back on it happened when we had the flight after 9 hours tried to put them on but no so i had to walk around the airport with no shoes on my feet were really swollen had to squeeze in them or i would not have been able to get on the ship but once on took them off again :lol:
LynnJenny

Postby reesy1959 » 10 May 2009 22:46

Yes I have had that problem Lynnjenny, but last year my problem was solved by wearing flight socks.

Not a pretty sight with me walking to the loo with my knee high socks on, but it does the trick.
reesy1959

Postby Not the weakest link » 11 May 2009 12:15

i wear flats all the time, birkenstocks are comfier and safer. I slid down the ramp at Richards place last year having had brekkie there, i had spongey flip flops on so agree about slippy soles. !

Perhaps real leather uppers might be better, if its synthetic thats what causes the slipping.

I got a pair of sandals from the market man who makes them so they helped.

I take me shoes off on the plane as well, my ankles swell as much, but if th shoe can adjust thats worth a try.

Bev
Not the weakest link

Postby blondie2211 » 11 May 2009 12:49

I have the same problem - I'm a size 2 sometimes a 3 and my feet are really narrow so I always look for narrow shoes - but even then, by the time I get to Icmeler they're too wide :?

Then eventually it came to me, I think with the heat, it heats up the leather and they start to go wide - sometimes I forget to take my cheap flip flops down to the pool with me and come straight out and put my good flip flops on and with the water and the heat - hey presto...they are too wide.

I've tried everything, but nothing seems to make a difference, so I just have to put up with it - or do as many have suggested and walk back in my bare feet, I was tempted last year to tip my sister out her wheel chair and get her to push me back to the hotel :twisted: :twisted:
blondie2211

Advertisement

Postby Trish » 11 May 2009 15:19

reesy1959 wrote:Yes I have had that problem Lynnjenny, but last year my problem was solved by wearing flight socks.

Not a pretty sight with me walking to the loo with my knee high socks on, but it does the trick.

Haha! It's not just me then! my friend goes nuts because I always wait until I'm in my seat on the plane before I put my flight socks on, she ends up with feet in her face while I do my contortionist act fighting to get them on in inches of space!! :lol: :lol: she's told me I've got to put them on before I board this year! :shock: she's got no chance! as you say they're not the most attractive things to wear! however, the year I didn't wear them I had feet like a hobbit by the time I landed! :shock: Needless to say I don't have the problem of feet being too narrow and slipping out of shoes! :)
Trish

Postby reesy1959 » 11 May 2009 18:29

Trish wrote:
reesy1959 wrote:Yes I have had that problem Lynnjenny, but last year my problem was solved by wearing flight socks.

Haha! It's not just me then! my friend goes nuts because I always wait until I'm in my seat on the plane before I put my flight socks on, she ends up with feet in her face while I do my contortionist act fighting to get them on in inches of space!! :lol: :lol: she's told me I've got to put them on before I board this year! :shock: she's got no chance! as you say they're not the most attractive things to wear! however, the year I didn't wear them I had feet like a hobbit by the time I landed! :shock: Needless to say I don't have the problem of feet being too narrow and slipping out of shoes! :)

I do exactly the same, get settled into the plane then struggle to get the socks on. As long as they work, I will wear them - maybe we could post some pics this year :lol:
reesy1959

Postby skilly » 11 May 2009 20:25

Jozzyd wrote:Who looks at anyone elses feet????? I don't care how well manicured, feet are horrible. So. wear flip flops and be comfortable, you can get fancy ones these days too. Me, good old Birkenstocks :D

What are Birkenstocks :?
skilly

Postby Trish » 12 May 2009 10:47

reesy1959 wrote:
Trish wrote:

I do exactly the same, get settled into the plane then struggle to get the socks on. As long as they work, I will wear them - maybe we could post some pics this year :lol:

Good idea!, :D I have vowed to take pictures this year because I always forget, then I'll have to learn how to post them on here :shock:
Trish

Postby skilly » 12 May 2009 21:08

I have looked on Google and apparantley there are some self adhesive insoles that you can buy to cut to size for sandals. It's worth a try and if they work I will let you know. I really hope they do !!
skilly

Advertisement

Postby Not the weakest link » 13 May 2009 18:54

Skilly, they're a dear version of scholls flip flops or toe post mules but more trendy, for blokes and women, made out of cork and can be resoled so i gather.

Quite comfy, not cheap around £25 - £35 depending where you find them. But last for few years.
Not the weakest link

Postby pdbartlett » 13 May 2009 19:25

skilly wrote:I have looked on Google and apparantley there are some self adhesive insoles that you can buy to cut to size for sandals. It's worth a try and if they work I will let you know. I really hope they do !!

Rosie likes the sound of those... What did you search for exactly? Self-adhesive insoles?

Thanks in advance,
Paul & Rosie.
pdbartlett

Postby skilly » 13 May 2009 21:06

Thanks NTWL i might try some of those.
pdbartlett, I just wrote in google 'how to stop feet sliding through sandals'
and one of the links was THIS thread 'slippy feet' would you believe!!
My friend told me today that she bought a pack of these insoles in Tesco but they were very small sizes. She said they were 'one size' but they were much too small for me. i am sure they must do S, M &L.
Hope this is of some help to Rosie :)
skilly

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum