Marmaris

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Marmaris

Postby Gemma Louise » 15 Jan 2009 22:47

We booked a real cheap hol in Marmaris in June 09 with the hope of getting to icmeler and getting a hotel there once we arrive. Has anyone done this before?
Gemma Louise

Advertisement

Postby jools » 15 Jan 2009 23:07

I've never done it, nor do I know anyone who has.

I know people who come to Icmeler from Marmaris or visa-versa for the evening and get a hotel to stay in for the night so they don't have to worry about getting back, so if that's what you mean then I don't think there will be a problem.

If you're talking about a hotel for the whole holiday, I'd probably recommend booking one before you go.
jools

Postby Beau » 16 Jan 2009 18:35

My Parents were in Marmaris and we were in Icmeler in October '08 and they'd come over to us and spend the whole day/evening with us and just catch the last Dolmus back to their apartment in Marmaris.

Good idea if you can get a dead cheap holiday to Marmaris and then find accomadation in Icmeler. We knew a couple who would do that over in Kos, book a cheapy holiday to the 18-30's resort and then get accomadation only in a quieter area on Kos, used to save them loads.
Beau

Postby Theresa » 19 Jan 2009 15:17

Hi Gemma Louise,
We did it and always do it if we dont like where we are .
My freind Maz and i booked a 2 week holiday to Marmaris in 2001,this being my 2nd holiday to turkey and her 1st. We found the hotel we were in was lovely but we felt that we had to move as nobody spoke to us and we felt very unsettled. On asking the rep she said it would cost us about £300 move to Icmeler so as we had got the dolmus to Icmeler every day we asked at the restaurant we visited on a daily basis about moving and we were taken straight to apartments. They were great and only cost us £42pp. We went back and told rep we were moving out for a week and that we would be back for last 2 nights before going home.
Since then we have done this on a number of occasions, like moving from hisaranu to Marmaris then just got dolmus to Icmeler daily.we did it again in sept.At least you can see what you are getting if you go and look around first. :D
Theresa

Postby Gemma Louise » 24 Jan 2009 12:55

That is cheap, was that for the whole week? My husband is wanting to change it through our hol company but I would like to leave it until we get there, I think you are more likely to get a cheap deal cos they will want o sell the room x Thanks for your help x
Gemma Louise

Postby Theresa » 24 Jan 2009 23:06

Hi,
yes it was 7 nights in a 1 bed apartment but that was may 2001. if we like the look of a place we ask to look around and for price and there are a lot of places you can choose from in resort. you can also ask shaz in resort for help in finding somewhere more suitable or ask admin before you go.

good luck
theresa

ps. don't even know where we are staying in june yet! :?
Theresa

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum