The Lemon Tree

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Postby Neets36 » 13 Jul 2006 14:16

Well I cant fault this place, we ate there twice and the food was excellent.
The staff were very attentive and its a lovelly setting to eat but i think its struggling with being a bit hard to find. Its not on a main road so relies on people finding it or stumbling on it but if word spreads then it could be one of the nice places to eat. It was reasonably priced and we could not fault it at all.

We will definately be paying a visit when we return in October, hope business has picked up a bit for them by then.
Neets36

Advertisement

The Lemon Tree

Postby lol » 27 Jul 2006 21:04

Hi
I have just spent nearly 5 weeks in Icmeler and can definately recomend The Lemon Tree. We ate there loads and if you are a lover of lamb I would definately go for the Kleftico(lamb cooked in the oven) my dad thought it was the best in Icmeler. They also have spit roast lamb and spit roast pork, delicious. You should try the Anfora kebab, I preferred the chicken this is cooked in a clay pot and arrives at your table on fire. The staff cannot be faulted and do their best to ensure you have a great night. You will also find a play area for the little "angels". We are all going back in September and will definately be dining with Kemal, Chef Billy, Cemal and Pasha and staff.Go along I am sure you will not be dissapointed!!!
lol
New User
New User

Postby Colette » 18 Oct 2006 11:13

Right I promised Kemal a review so here it is.

Lovely setting of this place up a quiet street, but the area seems to be quite up and coming which is good.

We sat outside and as it was dark the problem I found was that the lighting wasn't quite sufficient and ended up using the table candle so I could read the menu.

I found the menu a little limited, my Dad can not eat a lot of things on the menu's over there due to food allergies and when I asked for a simple Omlette or Egg and Chips this was questioned and we were told it was only on the lunch menu. So after 10 mins explaining all was ok.

The bread starter was one of the best in Icmeler, fab start to the meal, well done.

I had Steak Pie, it was beautifully presented and served, no faults there, BUT it tasted like Tinned Steak, almost to the point of something I used to feed my dog. Myself and my mum were ill the next day :(

I was sceptical to trying this place as I had read good and bad reviews so we gave it a go.

Good Luck to Kemal, chef Billy and all involved in The Lemon Tree :D
Last edited by Colette on 18 Oct 2006 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Colette

Postby redrhino12 » 18 Oct 2006 12:36

Dont like posting a negative report when its a new restaurent but I think as well as the rave reviews this place gets it must also face some critisism.

Hassle at the front was a bit in your face but I put this down to the place being off the beaten track.
The Restaurent itselfe was pleasant and clean.
While we were there they were showing a promotional video,this was repeated 3 times,very boring after the first showing and no sign of any live entertainment.
The wifes meal she said was ok, Steak and trimmings,but nothing special.

I decided on Spaghetti Bolognasia (I have had trouble with a tooth at the front so couldnt eat a steak or chicken.)
After we had had the bread which was nice we then waited three quarters of an hour for our main course.
My Spaghetti Bolonasia came in a deep dish,round the rim of the dish was a circle of sliced tomatoes.
The Bolognosia consisted of tomato puree with a couple of chunks of diced beef that hadnt been broken up.
Not a sign of a bit of cheese to sprinkle on top.

Marks out of 10 is zero and nothing for effort as none was made.

Now if you want a real Bolognasia,Try the Erdem,less than 4YTL and more than a man can eat.
The next on my choice would be The Famous Kitchen, this another place who know how to make a bolognasia.

Sorry Lemon Tree we went out of our way to try your meals but were let down.

Gene
redrhino12

Postby ayse » 18 Oct 2006 15:13

Hi Gene
Sorry you had a bad experience at The Lemon Tree, thats a shame. As you say its good to hear the positive and the negative side to peoples experiences as it gives a balanced view. I love the Erdem cafes chicken wraps, so might try their Spag Bol next time. xx
ayse

Postby Lynn m » 19 Oct 2006 15:19

Tried the Lemon Tree again in September when we went back and took some friends with us I was a bit wary going back as I had read the more recent reports but I can honestly say between the six of us no-one had a bad meal.

We all ordered different starters so we could all have a bit of everything and everyone had a different main course the only complaint we had were the potatoes and veg were solid, but to be truthful after all the starters and the turkish bread I could'nt eat mine anyway.

Is'nt is funny how we all have our own favourite restaurants. best meals I had in Sept were in the Florida and the Lighthouse and the worst was in the Bon Jour.
Lynn m

Advertisement

Lemon Tree

Postby suec » 31 May 2007 17:32

:D we visited the Lemon tree in May this year and we can honestly say it was the best meals we had while we were there. Kemal,chef Billy,Martin and all the staff made our 1st wedding anniversary an evening to remember. The lamb is to die for. If you visit this lovely restaurant please say hello from Sue & Mike.
suec
New User
New User

Postby Colette » 03 Aug 2007 18:02

The Cheery Scots

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:36 pm Post subject: The Lemon Tree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks

Not long back from Icmeler and ate (and drank) at the Lemon Tree several times. The food was excellent (and the cocktails) and all the staff, Kemal, Jimmy, Martin etc really friendly. Would recommend you give it a try! They even have an old Patrick Swayze lookalike giving you a tune on the keyboard! Hopefully be back there again.

Mags, Wills, Teresa, Tam and Co x

The Cheery Scots

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops forgot to mention the wonderful chef Billy sorry!

ayse

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:40 pm Post subject:

Hi
Glad you enjoyed it in the Lemon Tree. My family and I really enjoyed it too. We were up doing the slosh and everything, oh the shame!! I believe they were fined the other night for having the keyboard man playing. What a shame that things like that spoil our enjoyment. His music and singing was more entertaining than most of the singers in the Karaoke bar.
Colette

Postby juju » 07 Oct 2007 15:28

We were at the Lemon Tree last week and had lovely meals.Found the menu really extensive,I had chicken enchilladas and hubby had mexican steak.The bread was wonderful,best we had.Lots of the people who were eating there had been before.Kemal has a puppy called Diva who was very entertaining but only background music playing,no other entertainment.They are staying open all winter as he thinks they can make it with the few tourists and the british people who live in Icmeler.
juju

Postby honeybee » 09 Oct 2007 19:48

Unfortunately we didn't enjoy our visit to the Lemon tree. There was dog poo in the kids play area which was cleaned up once we mentioned it.

My meal was mediocre and my husbands was awful, it can only be described as deep fried mince meat in thick greasy batter - it was supposed to be called Cordon Blue or something. Kids chicken nuggets were a bit over cooked and again greasy but the bread and service were fine and our bill was correct too
honeybee

Postby Colette » 08 Feb 2008 17:28

Can anyone please tell me where the Lemon Tree restaurant is? Someone said it's near Geordie Bar, but I'm not really sure where that is either

Is it possible to direct me from where Harry's bar was?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ochlynda
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:45 am Post subject:

Best directions I can give are as follows, Let on your walking out of Dreamboys Turn left and walk up as if you are heading to The Love Boat at the road cross over on your left hand side you have The Sports Bar and on your right you have a Taxi rank walk straight up past both these.You will past the geordie bar first on the left hand side and you will come to a little play park and just above this on the left hand side is The Lemon Tree hope this helps.It is only about a 2/3 minute walk from Dreamboys.
Lynda

------------------------------------------------------------------------

bec
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:29 am Post subject:

Right come out of Harry's turn right.
Follow the road down past Loveboat and on the corner is Sport Inn (bar).
Turn Left at sport Inn and then you will come to Geordie bar on right hand side and Lemon Tree is just past there.

Hope this helps

Bec xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lynn m
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:42 am Post subject:

When you find it try Chef Billy's pie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

jivebunnie0
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:58 pm Post subject: The Lemon Tree

Thanks for the directions, hopefully will find it.

I'm intrigued to know about Chef Billy's pie

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lynn m
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:06 pm Post subject:

Hi Jivebunnie

Its a starter but be warned very filling

Lynn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

jivebunnie0
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:29 pm Post subject: The Lemon tree

C'mon Lynn, give us a clue, what's in it

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lynn m
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:02 pm Post subject:

Sorry Jivebunnie

I cannot divuldge Chef Billys secret

Lynn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

jivebunnie0
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:05 pm Post subject: The Lemon Tree

Guess I will just have to go and try it then....... as long as there's no blue fishes in it

Advertisement

Postby redrhino12 » 11 Mar 2008 13:04

I have read on another forum that the Lemon Tree has been taken over by Ozcan from Alvaro. :shock:
Several of the old Alvaro staff will be working at the new Alvaro restaurent. 8)

Gene
redrhino12

Postby Colette » 11 Mar 2008 13:43

Yes I read that as well, I wonder where Billy and Kemal will go ?
Colette

Postby bec » 11 Mar 2008 19:47

I have read on another forum that the Lemon Tree has been taken over by Ozcan from Alvaro

Woooo so i did have some gossip after all hey Gene haha!!! heard it from me first on the 6th March hahaha!!
I know of 3 old faces from the old Alvaro restaurant will be going back..some guys from Noel will also be working there.

Bec xx
bec

Postby Sue » 11 Jun 2008 13:44

we went past there several times and found we were being hassled alot compared to last year, we ate there quite a lot last year but this year we gave it a miss as there was too much hassle and it has become a very noisy place to eat now, dont get me wrong i like music but not the boom boom kind of stuff you would find in marmaris or ibiza maybe :shock:
Sue

Postby Papa_P » 11 Jun 2008 15:55

i didnt find it too bad, and we could see it from our apartment at the Selen 2 apartments.

We actually got more hassle from The Geordie next door than we did from the Lemon Tree!
Papa_P

Advertisement

Postby Sue » 12 Jun 2008 08:28

we were staying at the Tolan and walkedd past the Geordie each day and no one bothered us but as soon as we got to the Lemon Tree it started, so we changed our route and came out of the apartment and past the Selen 2 instead
Sue

Postby Colette » 25 Jun 2008 19:44

cockneyjambo

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:23 pm Post subject: The Lemon Tree

We had a lovely meal here, stayed at Alvaro and this is now part of Lemon Tree. Staff are brill ( zaza lovely man). Would recommend this place to anyone we loved it!

Sue

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 pm Post subject:

if your apartment is close by and you want an early night make sure you have ear plugs, maybe a nice place but it is in the residential part of icmeler so i feel sorry for the residents around there
Colette

Lemon Tree Restaurant - Highly Reccomended

Postby PaulAndJohn » 02 Aug 2008 14:04

Hi,
I just want to post a quick review of the Lemon Tree Restaurant from our holiday in Icmeler in 2007.

I have to say that this was an amazing find, the restaurant is slightly set back out of the main town area but only by a 2 minute walk. We were walking past the restaurant one night, and were approached by Kemal advertising his restaurant. We were quite used to being approached in Icmeler by now and had all the excuses ready at hand! However, after taking notice of the restaurant and inspecting the menu we could see that it looked really nice and the service looked excellent so we promised to eat there the next night.

We were greeted back to the restaurant by Kemal who obviously has a photographic memory as he could remember all our names. He walked us to our table and all his many highly trained waitors came to greet us and seat us. We were immediately given menus, water, lovely bread and dips and offered further drinks. The service was second to none, the best we had experienced in Icmeler. Chef Billy and his kitchen staff made a wonderful job of our food, it was excellent. Waitors we're always on hand just when needed and we're fast, efficient and professional. The pricing wasn't expensive and was brilliant value. After our meal we had a chat with Kemal and Mehmet, and played some Pool.

We went back during the daytime for some Iced Apple Tea and had a great couple of hours talking with Kemal, Mehmet and his staff and they kept us well entertained with games and jokes.

After a great first night there we went back several times during the rest of our stay as our plans permitted and each night was equally excellent, it helped make for a really brilliant holiday. We highly reccomend that if you are going to Icmeler this year you should call in for a meal one night, we are sure you'll enjoy it!

We might have to miss out on a holiday this year, but the next time we go to Icmeler we will be sure to visit Kemal, Mehmet and the Lemon Tree Restaurant again, provided they are still there!

By Angela, Steve, Paul and John!
England
PaulAndJohn
New User
New User

Postby blondie » 02 Aug 2008 14:35

We also really liked the Lemon Tree - went there a couple of times in June and all our meals were lovely. The staff were excellent too - Zaza recommended a particular dish (Sultan Kebab, IIRC) which was gorgeous. The bread you get for starters is huge! I've put a pic of it in my pics on the photo gallery. We'll definitely be going back in October.
blondie

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Guestbooks.