Travelers Rest

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Travelers Rest

Postby jambogarry » 27 Sep 2009 11:35

The only place in Icmeler that managed to seriously offend all my family :x
I dont care if they have hand cut the chips themself, this ( for us ) is the worst rudest place we spent our money in.
YOGI BEAR song, I'll give you YOGI BEAR.
How dare 2 Turkish teenagers ( waiters ) sing and dance that song to my kids :x
Needless to say Mums cool head stopped Dad from going OTT.
Never ever again will we give our £s to a place like this .
I was dying to wipe that smugg grinn from that Turkish face. Thankfully this was the only place that was like this.
Even Stella could not offend us as much as they did, And we went to see her ( him ) 3 times in 3 weeks . :shock: .
Last edited by jambogarry on 27 Sep 2009 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
jambogarry

Advertisement

Re: Travelers Rest

Postby blondie » 27 Sep 2009 11:56

???
blondie

Postby jambogarry » 27 Sep 2009 12:15

blondie wrote:???

google or youtube YOGI BEAR SONG. :(
jambogarry

Postby blondie » 27 Sep 2009 12:18

Ok. will do - never heard of it before, so was a bit confused, that's all
blondie

Postby happygirl » 27 Sep 2009 12:31

Just listened and your right totally out of order :twisted:
happygirl
New User
New User

Postby Fanny » 27 Sep 2009 17:33

have to say, that I cringe whenever I hear that song!
I like [smutty] humour to be a bit more subtle than that as am sure most folk do
sorry to hear it spoiled your time at Travellers
Fanny

Advertisement

Postby Colette » 12 Oct 2009 15:11

Got ripped off by this place years ago and never went back. Worst place in Icmeler
Colette

Postby katrina123 » 13 Oct 2009 19:14

We have stayed at travellers for the last 5 years and never heard that song.Im sure chris and ramazan would not have let that be played?Perhaps they were not there.You should have spoke to chris about it :(
katrina123

Postby daviemc » 13 Oct 2009 20:37

Stayed there last year :cry: , NEVER AGAIN, she must the most ignorant and unhelpful person I've ever met, most of the other people who were there said she was just a money grabber.
daviemc

Postby jambogarry » 14 Oct 2009 09:17

katrina123 wrote:We have stayed at travellers for the last 5 years and never heard that song.Im sure chris and ramazan would not have let that be played?Perhaps they were not there.You should have spoke to chris about it :(

Unfortunately for us this song was played while we visited, I did not say anything to the staff regards this for two reasons( 1 )it was the staff themselves who thought this was a good song to play ( the smiles on their faces and dancing says it all really ) and (2) I knew we would not be returning to this place in the future. With all the choices that Icmeler offers 1 bad apple was to be expected, and for us it was the Travelers rest. I pays my money and choose with my feet, quite simple really. Their loss not mine. First impressions count.
jambogarry

Postby LynnJenny » 25 May 2010 20:00

we called in one afternoon for a coffee and cake but they only had turkish music on only becase we asked for it but were very freindly
LynnJenny

Advertisement

Postby Dannii_89 » 26 May 2010 11:31

Never stayed here but met some people in a bar a few years ago who were staying here to so we went round to visit them and they showed us their room ect. We had a lovely sunday dinner there and thought the staff were really friendly, never once saw Chris though. We went again the following year for another sunday lunch but since discovering the wonder that is the 3 bells yorkshire pudding we have never been back :)
Dannii_89

Postby viking pete » 26 May 2010 12:11

We had a meal there last week, not a bit impressed and certainly wont be returning.

I ordered a steak wasnt even asked how I wanted it , the young waiter just dissappeared.

My wife ordered Haddock and it wasnt.

The bill came and we needed to remove 3 extra drinks that appeared from nowhere.

Then within afew minutes of completing our meal and still finishing our drinks a blonde haired lady (Chris ?) asked us on 3 occassions if we could move to the bar to finish our drinks as she needed the table. At that moment I was in conversation with a family at the next table about a hotel we where thinking about, despite that she retuned a few seconds later and repeated the rrequest.

By that time I had paid the bill - but wished I hadnt.
viking pete

Postby sophia » 27 May 2010 14:20

went to this place a few years ago, the food wasn't that good & didn't like the general atmosphere or service. Seems like many people have had this experience - certainly won't be returning!
sophia

Postby [email protected] » 27 May 2010 15:47

Sounds like I will be taking that one off my places to visit cant say I like that sort of thing :evil:
[email protected]

Postby steve-mcr » 28 May 2010 20:58

Its not the sort of place I'd look to have an evening meal at, but it does a cracking English breakfast. The best we had in Icmeler last year by a distance.
steve-mcr

Advertisement

Postby buscador » 01 Jun 2010 03:25

The quiz night is quite good fun, if that's your thing. NB Average age of audience when we were there was about 85.

While I swore I wouldn't have any English food on holiday, I did succumb to the fish,chips and mushy peas which were really nice.
buscador
New User
New User

Postby dodge » 29 Aug 2011 15:08

We ate here a couple of times fish & chips lovely and my OH loved the apple pie very reasonable too

cheers dodge :lol:
dodge

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.