bonjour hotel

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

bonjour hotel

Postby LynnJenny » 28 Jul 2009 22:15

we stayed their for 10 days in june.
1st class hotel rooms really big and very clean we had clean bedding every day and fresh towels.
resturant is lovely and food really good try the sizzeles alax and the lads make you very welcome all the staff are freindly would recommened this hotel
LynnJenny

Advertisement

Re: bonjour hotel

Postby dodge » 26 Aug 2009 20:38

we went here a couple of times & the food was excellent what a turn around from last year we had our first bad meal here last year but top marks this year. we had alook around the new 2 bed apt absolutely fab very plush

good luck for the future see you next year

cheers dodge :wink:
dodge

Postby blondie » 22 Oct 2009 15:46

Daughter and I stayed at the Bonjour last week and what can I say, it's absolutely fabulous! Spotlessly clean, spacious rooms, nice pool and jacuzzi and such friendly, welcoming staff. The restaurant is lovely too - apart from having our breakfasts here, we also ate here twice at nice and the food is fantastic. The leg of lamb was so tender - simply melted in the mouth. Can't recommend the Bonjour highly enough - great location too, very central but not at all noisy. Can't wait to come back again!
blondie

Postby pyoungman » 13 Dec 2009 13:17

We made a very poor choice of hotel this year, resulting in us staying in the old wing of the Hotel Navy how dissapointed we where. so set out to find accomodation for 2010 visited the Bonjour Hotel and apartments, just asked if we could see sample rooms and the barman could not have been more helpful showing us sample apartment and hotel room followed with a complimentary drink. Cant speak highly enough but will say booked to go twice in 2010 and we cant wait. Dont have any hesitation in booking these great apartments.
pyoungman

Postby JT » 15 Dec 2009 17:24

And he booked it all with ICR Travel.
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby pyoungman » 16 Dec 2009 19:24

yes thats very true i did and I would every time

regards
Paul
pyoungman

Advertisement

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 26 May 2010 20:21

never stayed in the hotel
but the restaurant is lovely
eaten in there many times over the last 10 years and never had a bad meal yet
would really recommend it :D
xxxxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby scottishthistle » 27 May 2010 20:48

Was looking forward to staying in this hotel as the reviews were excellent. Alas, it was not to be. On arrival at 5am, very tired, we were given a double bedded room, not ideal for 2 females. The manager came and was very angry, rude and blamed ICR for not specifying a twin room. I hasten to add there is no option on the booking form to specify which type of bed you require. All Turkish hotels I have stayed in (all 37) have had twin beds. He stated that there was nothing he could do and was not his fault. This went on for a while (would have been nice if he offered us a hot drink). The suggestion was that if you booked direct with the hotel you had a better room. Finally he said he would swap beds the next day. The room we were given was tiny, we could hardly move, and worst of all the balcony looked onto generators and the back of the kitchen. We normally like to sit on the balcony in the morning and evening, but we couldn't do this as the smell of cooking was overpowering. The decor, bathroom and staff were all nice, but the manager did not speak to us again, no apology, nothing. Other guests who had booked direct had far superior rooms. If you are going to this hotel, do not accept room 201. Truly awful and spoilt our holiday to a degree. :x
scottishthistle
New User
New User

Postby reesy1959 » 27 May 2010 21:05

scottishthistle wrote:Was looking forward to staying in this hotel as the reviews were excellent. Alas, it was not to be. On arrival at 5am, very tired, we were given a double bedded room, not ideal for 2 females. The manager came and was very angry, rude and blamed ICR for not specifying a twin room. I hasten to add there is no option on the booking form to specify which type of bed you require. All Turkish hotels I have stayed in (all 37) have had twin beds. He stated that there was nothing he could do and was not his fault. This went on for a while (would have been nice if he offered us a hot drink). The suggestion was that if you booked direct with the hotel you had a better room. Finally he said he would swap beds the next day. The room we were given was tiny, we could hardly move, and worst of all the balcony looked onto generators and the back of the kitchen. We normally like to sit on the balcony in the morning and evening, but we couldn't do this as the smell of cooking was overpowering. The decor, bathroom and staff were all nice, but the manager did not speak to us again, no apology, nothing. Other guests who had booked direct had far superior rooms. If you are going to this hotel, do not accept room 201. Truly awful and spoilt our holiday to a degree. :x

Did you take this up with ICR while you were in the resort? I am sure they would have done their utmost to get your bedding situation sorted out.
reesy1959

Postby Rami Off Work » 28 May 2010 17:57

No, Scottishthistle unfortunately only contacted us after arriving back home however ICR Travel was made aware of the bedding problem by the hotel and the problem was sorted asap by exchanging beds with another guest's room :idea:

"hotel blamed ICR for not specifying a twin room" - This may be true since we did not specify any type of room because no room type was specified to us either.

We are sorry to have Scottishthistle unsatisfied however we could have easily changed her hotel to another one if she had updated us on any ongoing issues as our office was across the street and we have an info board at the hotel with our contact details as well as representatives that visit this property everyday.

As a result, the requested compensation from Scottishthistle was declined by our office.

Rami
ICR Travel
Rami Off Work
Admin
Admin

Postby scottishthistle » 29 May 2010 06:48

As I have already said, there was nowhere on the booking form to request 2 single beds. The option on your booking form was 1 double room for 2 persons (not double bed). Twin beds in Turkish hotels are standard, NOT double beds. Anyway, that was sorted out. The issue we had was that the room we were given was TINY and next to the kitchen, the worst room in the hotel. As it was the first time there I had no idea where your office was and the manager certainly did not tell us as he did not speak to us after the check in. As we were there for only 6 days, and we had already had the upheaval of being moved to another room for 1 night while they switched the beds, do you really think we wanted the hassle of moving to another hotel? We were on holiday, why should we traipse around looking for your office. We expected the hotel manager to allocate us another room, which is what most other hotel managers would do. By the way, have you been to the hotel and looked at the room in question as you said you would do? I gave an accurate account of the room and am not trying to be awkward. I am sure as the season goes on there will be other complaints about this room. When I read of other people having spacious lovely rooms in this hotel, naturally it makes me angry that we had an inferior one. I will be interested in your response after you have inspected the room for yourself.
scottishthistle
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby Rami Off Work » 29 May 2010 19:35

My goal was not to get in any sort of arguments with you over this incident and i do not think you are being awkard. Our goal as mentioned in my emails is to make sure all our customers leave the resort satisfied.

My original post was to explain what actions ICR had taken in order to overcome this problem. We have a duty to justify ourselves and explain to general public the approach we take when handling such shared issues.

Although I really do not want to get into the discussion of what the standard hotel room types are in Turkey hotels, please be assured that there is no such set standard in this aspect. Besides, if the hotel is full, there really is not much that can be done except the way we solved this issue or a hotel change which I agree may not be the best case scenerio.

The hotel insists that they had asked you to visit our office however regardless of what they claim, we can not hold you responsible for not visiting our office so I agree with you on this as well.
The problem here is that, if you do not let us know of your problems, then there is absolutely no way for us to help you. We are known to take each matter very seriously and do everything that we can to make sure you are satisfied whilst your holiday with a personal touch. This is why we have an office there with local contact numbers as well as a 24/7 emergency line instead of an 800 number with an annoying automated answering service.

As I understand, the initial problem was solved but your disappointment was more with having given a tiny room and the attitude of the hotelier so as promised, I will go and compare your room with others. As I am away right now, I have kindly asked our resort manager to report me on the size of this room with pictures once the room is vacant.
Once I receive this report, I will ofcourse let you know of my thoughts and once again take every possible approach to your satisfaction.

As for the atitude of the hotel towards your party, all I can do is apologise on behalf of them. Although we had shared your views and our disappointment with such treatment, the hotelier claims that both manners exchanged were offensive at the time.
Regardless, its our long standing policy that the customer is always right and may over react sometimes so we told them that the hotel is liable to keep their cool and integrity which they agreed to in final.

Once again, we believe to have done our duty as your holiday provider however we do apologise on behalf of the hotel management.
A confidential email is sent you to explain what further action we have taken in regards to this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Rami
ICR Travel
Rami Off Work
Admin
Admin

Postby Beau » 09 Jun 2010 17:37

We stayed there last week, can't fault our 2 bedroomed apartment it was lovely and had everything you could possibly need and was kept spotlessly clean, if only they could be moved up into the old village they'd be perfect apartments for us.

Our only gripes were the constant requests to eat in there from the waiters and the £63 a week they wanted for the A/C (spoke with John in resort about the A/C and he told us it's because there's 3 A/C units in the apartments - he did offer to ask them could they just have one of the units on to reduce the cost but we said not to bother as all the windows and balcony doors had mozzie screens on so we kept all the windows doors open instead).

We went S/C and only ate out 4 times in the week we were away (lack of funds as we'd been on a cruise the week previous and had more than our fill of food on the ship 24hr self service restaurant is not good haha!) - most times up towards the old village where we usually stay and a lot of our friends we've met/made over the time we've been going to Icmeler are/work.

Everyday when we came out the apartments we were told they'd reserve a table for us, we'd say not tonight thank you we're going to meet friends etc, every time they saw us they'd ask/say the same thing. So on the 2nd or 3rd day we went in for breakfast before going off to Turunc for the day and had a really lovely full english breakfast in there and thought they'd leave us alone for a bit and we'd go for a meal on our anniversary in there later on in the week - but they didn't. We came back from a day out and was told they'd reserve a table for us tonight, my Dad said not tonight thank you and was asked why not, Dad said we come away to suit ourselves not to be told what we're doing or where we're eating to which the waiter replied saying that's not how it works here - Dad walked off up towards the stairs and he shouted after him you've not eaten here once, my Hubby said we'd came in for Breakfast the other day. He caught my Hubby the next day and said he was sorry and they didn't say they'd reserve us a table again they just said hello when we came in or out - which was much nicer. Had they not kept asking we would have eaten in there more but it was everytime we came in or out they were asking/telling us to eat in there. We did have another breakfast on the last day and again it was lovely and well presented on lovely crockery and tea/coffee served in BIG mugs.

I would definately recommend these apartments as they're really well equipt for self catering and spotlessly clean and done out really lovely, as was said previous had they been in the Old Village they would have been perfect for us - it was too noisy for us in the centre but if you're after a central location and apartments done to a really high spec with everything you need Bonjour are the apartments for you.
Beau

Postby blondie » 09 Jun 2010 17:55

We've never found the Bonjour noisy, I must say - and I think the staff are all lovely. Yes, they asked us if we wanted to eat in the restaurant - which we did twice during our week's stay - but it wasn't overbearing at all.
blondie

Postby Beau » 09 Jun 2010 18:01

blondie wrote:We've never found the Bonjour noisy, I must say - and I think the staff are all lovely. Yes, they asked us if we wanted to eat in the restaurant - which we did twice during our week's stay - but it wasn't overbearing at all.

Sorry didn't make that clear in my original post, the apartments aren't noisy but the location (for us) was from all the surrounding bars/restaurants.
Beau

Postby sanjo » 27 Sep 2010 18:15

Stayed at the Bonjour for two weeks and found it to be very spacious and really clean. We also ate in for a few nights and found the service and food lovely.
Whilst we were there a larger family were staying and it was a bit noisey. I know the manager had a few complaints about them from some of his regular guests.
Apart from this we really enjoyed our stay and would go back again :D
sanjo

Advertisement

Postby reesy1959 » 24 Oct 2010 09:05

Enjoyed a Sunday Roast at the Bonjour Restaurant last week. I can highly recommend the hot beef sandwich at lunchtime, its delicious.
reesy1959

Postby Cumbrianlass » 31 May 2011 11:25

Hi stayed at the Bonjour lastweek on bed and breakfast ,excellent full english,and their mixed sizzling and chicken stroganoff are also very good ,infact everymeal we've had there!
Cumbrianlass

Postby blondie » 02 Jul 2011 17:44

We were staying at the Bonjour from June 12-25, and apart from the great breakfast menu, we also ate here a few times at night. Everything we had was very good indeed - but special mention must go to the fish in salt. I'm really fussy about fish, as I can't stand to find any bones in it, but Josh and Omar assured me it would be fine, and it was! Never tried the fish in salt before - but would highly recommend it. It was sea bass and delicious. The staff at the Bonjour must be some of the best in Icmeler - really can't fault the place at all.
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.