Venice Restaurant

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Re: Venice Restaurant

Postby archieb » 13 Nov 2009 21:09

Hi we have been visiting the Venice since we started visiting Icmeler many years ago, the staff and food are always very very good. We keep in touch out of season with Apo and he was approached by Eddie who used to work the bar in the Venice to work with him at the Coco Beach Restaurant on the front last season but he had promised Murat and Pasha that he would work this year at the Venice. Whether he will be at the Venice next year is debatable, i dont thnk he will, Eddie really wants him to go and work with him, Pasha (Fred) has told us he wont be on "door" next year as he married this year and wants to spend time with his new wife although he says he will still be there. I am sure the Venice will continue to be a very good place to eat and have a drink, although some of the regulars may not be there. jacqui x
archieb

Advertisement

Postby sandybeach » 14 Nov 2009 14:23

Hmm cant see the Venice being the same, spoke to Hamish on facebook the other week and he is now in the UK with his family and he wont be working their either. The Venice will be without 3 big characters. :(
sandybeach

Postby Fanny » 14 Nov 2009 14:27

Great shame to hear that, but I suppose times change and move on as do our favourites from many bars, Venice included

Wish all the lads well though, especially Hamish as the place won't be the same without him
Fanny

Postby lynneta » 14 Nov 2009 18:39

Hamish will be back in Icmeler next year he is only here in england to get some money for over the winter so he will probably be back in Venice.
lynneta

Postby Fanny » 14 Nov 2009 21:59

Phew Lynne, that's a relief :wink:
Hope you had a great hol like us and sorry to have missed you and the little ones
Hamish had left for England by the time we got there unfortunately
Hope you are all OK

xxxxxxxxxx
Fanny

Shout of thanks to venice staff

Postby Tink » 10 Jul 2010 16:09

Would just like to give a big thanks to the venice boys who found my little girl's bag which contained a nintendo dsi and several games worth a few hundred pounds - didn't even know where we had left it and decided to ask around a few days later when we were in again never expecting to find it but low and behold there it was - just restores your faith doesn't it.
Tink
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Shout of thanks to venice staff

Postby pat175 » 10 Jul 2010 16:15

Good for you to get it back. I went one year in June my grandson lost is game boy. we went back same year in September.A little stall near the Venice came up to me and said my grandson had left is game boy there. And gave it to him I was over the moon.So very honest.
pat175

Postby reesy1959 » 11 Jul 2010 14:44

Always great to read nice stories like these 2 - just one of the things we love about the Turkish.
reesy1959

Postby Wimpy » 11 Jul 2010 19:36

You wouldn't have seem them again in this country
Wimpy

Postby Tink » 12 Jul 2010 08:23

I know we said that ourselves so many times. Needless to say they got a good tip that night.
Tink
New User
New User

Postby kentlisa » 10 Aug 2010 21:15

Had two fantastic meals at the Venice this year, and many of evening we just visited for a drink. The service there is excellent and we were treated like old friends, each of the waitors introducing themselves and shaking our hands, etc. They made a big fuss of my children and included them in the shows and encouraged them to dance etc. We decided to have my birthday celebration their and they made my evening very special with a delicious cake and lots of fuss. Food was excellent each time and the mini bbq's for the shish kebab's were a big hit with my children. Steaks were perfect both times. Would highly recommend this restaurant and can't wait to return.
kentlisa

Advertisement

Postby John V » 11 Aug 2010 06:02

We used to frequent the Venice regularly and found the meals and service to be excellent the only down side being there always seemed to be to many tables and everyone was all squashed up together....
John V

Postby Dancing queen » 14 Aug 2010 19:22

admin wrote:Welcome to Guestbook for Venice Restaurant. Post your message here.

Thank u to Lee, firat and all the staff for an enjoyable holiday.
A great big thanks to Lee from Amber-leigh and Jake for letting them dance on the bar with him also on the floor during his performances.
Keep up the good work Lee :D :D :D
Thanks all
Dancing queen
New User
New User

Postby Eatock08 » 11 Sep 2010 18:33

I used to love this place and would visit often during my holidays but when I went this year all the staff had changed, the food was awful and the service even worse. We would usually stay for the entertainment but was that dissappointed we left as soon as we had eaten. My friend ordered lasagne and it was so dry she couldn't eat it. Found out later that the chef had changed so unless the old chef goes back to the Venice I won't be returning.
Eatock08

Postby chrisk » 28 Sep 2010 19:38

Could not agree more with the previous post. We visited the Venice last week, and it was by far the worst meal during our stay in Icmeler. I had chicken fahitas. which did not sizzle, served with veg and chips!!!?? Husband had steak, which was overcooked and vegs cold. When complained we were just laughed at and told it was extra if I expected the dish to arrive sizzling!! We just paid up and left and vowed never to return. Lots of other people complaining too. Something has seriously happened at the Venice for it to go so downhill. We will not be back, as there are far superior restaurants in Icmeler.
chrisk
New User
New User

Postby Southampton_Girl » 14 Jan 2011 12:18

During my visit to Icmeler in June 2010 and September/ October 2010 I visited Venice Restaurant three times.

My favourite meal there was definitely the Kebabs, they are served on their own little bar-be-que which makes it very unique, very tasty too, the kebabs came with rice, jacket potato with cheese, and chips (then everything in Turkey does).

I also tried the steak dianne which was also very nice.

The staff are friendly in Venice Restaurant and it always looks very busy when you walk past in the evenings. Although we never stayed for the whole evening for the entertainment, the staff are very much involved in this by putting on shows like balancing glasses/ tables on heads and dancing etc, belly dancers.

Worth trying the kebab if you venture down the canal and see Venice!
Southampton_Girl

Advertisement

Postby Southampton_Girl » 23 Apr 2012 11:13

Is Venice back this season?
Southampton_Girl

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Guestbooks.