Vinces Restaurant

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Postby reesy1959 » 19 Jun 2009 07:59

Had the leg of lamb for 2 again this year and it was as gorgeous as ever. Actually shared my leg of lamb with Vince this year as Phill had his usual dodgy stomach, but rather than not have my lamb, Vince kindly shared the meal.

Thanks Vince for another great meal at your restaurant.
reesy1959

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 22 Jun 2009 20:45

Don't know why, but we'd never tried Vince's until our visit earlier this month. What can I say - it lived up to all the recommendations on here. As I said in my holiday review, I've never chosen steak because I'm always afraid it won't be cooked well enough for my liking, but my pepper steak at Vince's was perfect - absolutely delicious. Hubby and son also enjoyed their meals, and Vince and the rest of the staff were lovely - very welcoming and friendly.
blondie

Postby juju » 29 Jun 2009 21:08

Very nice food....I had some kind of special Vinces chicken,lovely,extensive menu,attentive helpful staff.Just watch for the swimming pool when you need to use the loo after you've had a few! :lol: :lol:
juju

Re: Vinces Restaurant

Postby LynnJenny » 29 Jul 2009 13:06

we had a lovely meals in vinces food lovely vince is really nice it was a good night
LynnJenny

Postby julie w » 19 Sep 2009 19:48

We had a meal in Vinces a week ago, we were disappointed with the quality of the food. I had a soggy type of vegetarian stir fry and my OH had a garlic steak which was very dry. Maybe the chef was having an off day as people seem to rate the food highly here.
julie w

Postby Chris » 20 Sep 2009 21:36

We tried Vinces for the first time on Thursday night,I had fillet steak with fried onions and mushrooms,OH had Tornado Rossini,both meals were excellent,priced at 21 TL each.
Chris

Advertisement

Postby david7weeks1d » 06 Jul 2010 00:45

Hi yep i agree with all the good things said on here about Vince's
For me the steak is just about perfect ,Vince is friendly and very professional as are the boys working there,
I ate there quite a few times and can almost taste the pepper steak melting in my mouth as I'm writing this..yum
david7weeks1d
New User
New User

Postby laurac » 14 Jul 2010 19:04

Heyy Vince's Restaurant if you remember me, its Laura, Jimmy's daughter, we stayed in the apartments attached to the restaurant, I just want to say how much I loved this restaurant, but more importantly, the people that worked there, Ahmed ecspecially :) xxxxxxx
laurac
New User
New User

Postby kentlisa » 10 Aug 2010 21:11

Had a very disappointing experience at Vinces. Welcome from Vince was very good, but after that the service seemed to be poor when guests from his appartments took their table. They seemed to be favoured with very good service. Both adults ordered a Tbone steak, but it was inedible as the meat was very tough and difficult to cut with the steak knife. When we politely mentioned this to Vince he remarked that he thought it was a bad idea when we ordered it as the Tbones were often not good standard. I did wonder why he would have poor standard steaks on is menu that he knew would not cook well, but we accepted his apologies and his offer to replace with some filet. The replacement meal came quickly. The chips were very hard and the mash tasted of curry but the meat was edible. My daughter also didn't eat half of her meal as she said it didn't taste nice and she isn't a fussy eater. Thankfully this was the only bad experience we had in Icmeler, and possibly just an off evening from the Chef as others have spoken so highly of Vinces previously.
kentlisa

Postby reesy1959 » 24 Oct 2010 09:07

I can highly recommend the Liver and Bacon at Vinces - we popped in for a drink one night and I could smell the liver being cooked, well I just had to return another day to sample it and I wasnt disappointed.
reesy1959

Postby Colette » 18 Nov 2010 15:05

I can highly recommend afternoons spent in there with me, Donna, Olive, Dimrie, Norman, Mum and Dad on the vodka :lol:

Roll on May :D
Colette

Advertisement

Postby reesy1959 » 29 Jun 2011 11:02

Once again we had fantastic meals at Vince's Restaurant. The steak was to die for and seems to be getting better each year. Had a few enjoyable afternoons here too catching up with old friends. Thanks Vince, see you soon.
reesy1959

Postby Lisalala » 29 Jul 2011 14:40

We had the Chateau Briande for my birthday meal - service was top notch as usual and meal absolutely lovely. Vince as ever is the perfect host :D
Lisalala

Postby reesy1959 » 29 Sep 2011 12:04

Four of us had lunch on Monday, still as good as ever. Real chips too and cooked to perfection.
reesy1959

Postby MrT » 19 Jun 2012 10:58

Really quality food and service at very reasonable prices...............We really like Vince's a lot! :)
MrT
New User
New User

Postby dragon » 04 Aug 2014 12:28

This restaurant seemed to be practically empty most evenings. We went there after going to Richard's Place and it was full so went here as it was nearby. I ordered steak which was lovely but was surprised to see nothing but steak and chips on my plate. I would have expected to have a little veg or a tomato with it. so even though the steak was nice, the presentation could have been improved, so I was left disappointed.

A family at our apartments went in there and had waited a long time for their meal. When they asked how much longer would they have to wait were told that if they weren't happy they could leave. If they hadn't been hungry they would have left but they didn't want to have to go elsewhere and then have to order again. It was very foolish of that waiter as the restaurant was practically empty most nights. I would have thought that they would have tried to encourage people that had gone into the restaurant, to return .
dragon

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Guestbooks.