Ozlem 1 Apart

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Ozlem 1 Apart

Postby Gillyt » 15 Jul 2012 18:03

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but have enjoyed reading all your posts regarding Icemeler.

Myself and my family (hubby x 2 girls, 6&4) are coming out for the first time in August!!! We can't wait!!!

We have booked in to the Ozlem1 apartments situated by the school in the old town???? But looking at reviews they are very mixed. I usually am very open minded on reviews and way up pros and cons as to what would really bother me but the latest reviews are starting to worry me and I don't fancy being stuck in the middle of nowhere at an unfriendly hotel with my young family :( Has anyone stayed here to give their opinion of these apartments?..

We did see the Oylum Garden Hotel we where considering cancelling and changing to this hotel which seemed really pleasant. Does anyone have a contact for this hotel??

We have worked so hard for our holiday just like everyone and we want it to be perfect. We don't expect 5 star just somewhere friendly and at leat clean!!!!!

Thank you everyone and keep up the good work, I love looking at all your posts eh are so informative

Gillxx
Gillyt
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Help with hotels!!!

Postby Fanny » 15 Jul 2012 18:12

Hi and welcome Gill!

First of all, please don't worry. I've never stayed at this apartment, but spent many a happy hol across the road from them at the Angel Inn apartments.

Am sure everything will be fine, sometimes people's expectations are simply too high, or perhaps their own behaviour led to something other than the hospitality the Turks are so famous for?

The apartments are not in the middle of nowhere, they are in a fairly quiet area with a mixture of residents and apartments very close by. In the unlikely event that things aren't what you'd hoped for, you could always nip over to the Angel where they are very child friendly and just friendly all round.

Oylum Garden as far as I know are in town, so if you've young children you may prefer to be a little bit further away from the main hustle and bustle - though they do look very nice. I'd say Oylum and Ozlem are completely different types of accom.

Hope this helps a bit
Fanny

Postby MichelleSmith » 15 Jul 2012 18:30

Well, half of the reviews on the review sites are totally nonsense.

Myself and my son always stay at these apartments in April as a break and usually pick another apartments again in September.

The apartments are just right for us two, but may be a bit of a squeeze for all of you.

There are two beds and then two chairs which turn to be sofa beds but they seem pretty small if you ask me.

Frank and Cherry are nice people, though we didn't stay at the apartments 24/7, we had the odd occasional drink throughout the day. Sam the waiter is a nice man too! Tell him Michelle and Kyle said hello.

I paid 22 pound for both of us in April and really, you get what you pay for. I'm not particualy bothered about a 5 star hotel, just aslong as the apartment is clean, fresh towels and bedding and it's all fine.

If you go there and try it, if you dislike it you can always find another apartment while you're out there.

Rush Bar hire out an apartment above their bar and I think it's 25 pound per night, sleeps 8 people, but there isn't a pool.

Edit: The apartments are around 5-10 minute walk from the main shops and 10-15 to the beach.

Anyway hope this helps.
MichelleSmith

Postby smc4761 » 16 Jul 2012 07:35

The apartments are fairly spacious apart from the bathroom which is a bit on small side. the rooms have the usual kettle and 2 ring hob for cooking The pool is OK however there is no shallow end and is about 1.5 metre deep. The apartments are about 10 minute walk to restaurants and shops and maybe another 10 monutes or so to get to the main square.

they are cleaned every day.

My main gripe with these apartments as with some others is the attitude of the owners and the manager. If you spend all your time at the pool and at night stay in the apartments drinking and eating at the pool bar you will find the owners fine. if you do not spend any money at apartments we found their attitude different, we were ignored for the entire holiday, which personally did notbother me. The manager Peter, I found put a bit of pressure on guests to attend the Turkish night. When we said we did not want to go he was not impressed and let his feelings be known to us

I can perhaps understand why they want you to eat/drink there as the price we paid for the apartments was ridiculously cheap for 2 weeks and they have to make their money somehow. I think we paid about £50 for the 2 weeks for our apartment in May 2010

Stewart
smc4761

Postby Gillyt » 16 Jul 2012 15:53

Thank you so much for your responses. as that's been said we all do have our own opinions and behaviours. All I want is a clean base as to enjoy our holiday. If people choose to ignore us that's their problem just as long as their not aggressive. I'm sure we will have a great time roll on 16 th August

Thanks again
Gillx
Gillyt
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.