Tandoori Sizzler

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Re: Tandoori Sizzler

Postby kirky » 10 Aug 2010 07:05

was the old chill bar,in the main square under icr office.
kirky

Advertisement

Postby Eatock08 » 10 Aug 2010 18:32

I'm mixed about Tandori Sizzler, we went twice in July. the first time I had a chicked bhuna and for anyone who's had a bhuna its mostly tomatoes and onions but what I got here was basically chicken covered in a sauce it wasn't nice at all. The second time I had chineese, chicked chow mein, which was better but I wouldn't rush back.

Might try again with the indian in September and see what we get

Alison
Eatock08

Postby adewolves » 10 Aug 2010 18:48

I love indian food also but unless you go to the midlands, Bradford you are never going to get a genuine indian meal. I make them from scratch and marinate the meat for 3 days..thats impossible to do in that heat.
adewolves

Postby smc4761 » 11 Aug 2010 11:44

Slightly off topic her, but having travelled all around the country, Glasgow is the best palce by far for an Indian

Stewart
smc4761

Postby dj_sploits » 12 Aug 2010 06:32

Well I honestly think you can get genuine Indian food all over the UK. I'm from Whitehaven and we have a little Indian takeaway place which does the nicest indian food I have ever tasted (I have tried it all over the world and all over the UK). I get the chicken tikka vindaloo and it just blows you away. The taste is full of flavour and really juicy and the aftertaste leaves you sweating but not to the point where its TOO hot (Phaal etc).

Back on topic - I'm going back to Içmeler in May 2011 for my 30th birthday and the Tandoori Sizzler is where I will be having my birthday meal purely because the food is great :)
dj_sploits

Postby Vikki » 12 Aug 2010 10:45

Mixed Reviews here but im going to give this place a go when we arrive in september as our friends were in marmaris last month but went through to Icmeler for the nite and had a meal here and they said it was lovely and well worth a visit .
Vikki

Advertisement

Postby Jozzyd » 19 Aug 2010 14:26

We ate in here during our first week, hubby had chinese which he said was ok but nothing specoal. Kids had korma which i tried and it was nice. I ordered Masala and despite showing the waiter Masala on the menu, i was brought Tikka Masala, it was not good. We also found the meal to be one of the most expensive :(
Jozzyd

Postby Doz » 20 Aug 2010 09:18

I have never known one restaurant to have such mixed reviews! We were advised to visit the restaurant by Zaza and he said he thought the food was fantastic, however we met a couple in Ayisma and they had been and they said it was the worst meal they had the whole fortnight and typically the most expensive. We didnt try it because we simply ran out of nights, but I am still not decided on whether to try in October....
Doz

Postby Colette » 20 Aug 2010 12:48

I agree Doz, I have never seen such mixed reviews either, I am going to try it though, cos we all like different things in food ( well I just like food fullstop) :lol:

Maybe John can tell us if they have changed the chef or something ?

Mixed reviews are good though for places, as we are getting peoples genuine opinions and not editing them etc and it means Hakan and Levant can see what people think and make any changes they need etc :D
Colette

Postby tabfish » 20 Aug 2010 14:18

we had 2 meals here last week indian and chinese both very good, however the food next door at Ayisma was the worst meal we had in 2 weeks (lasagne).

jim
tabfish
New User
New User

Postby sophia » 27 Aug 2010 12:24

wow what mixed reviews this place is getting.

I have ate here 3 times - twice in June and 1 in August. The only reason I tried it the first time was because I saw Hakan and Levant own it and have known them for a few years & so know they are very good hosts.

I can't comment on the indian because I haven't tried it but I must say the Chinese was lovely. There was 2 of us so each time we went for the set menu which came with a bottle of wine. I really enjoyed the food and didn't think it was too expensive (I've got a feeling it was £35 but I can't be sure). We were given a complimentary drink of our choice after we'd eaten our meal. Although the chinese was lovely, I have to say, it wasn't as good as the Chinese in Friends restaurant.

It was a very quiet setting so we didn't stay there for long after we'd finished our meal as we are only young and normally moved on to Friends or dare I say it Dreamboys!
sophia

Advertisement

Postby Erik The Viking » 28 Aug 2010 19:50

So wanted this place to be bad after reviews but have to say i was surprised, owner knew who i was and had been prewarned who i was from the forum (which was both nice and weirdly bizarre!) like i was some sort of critic! The food is so nearly there, tastewise the food is very good but too much paste ruins the meal as its so grainy, every indian starts with the onion, garlic and ginger base, sadly this didnt and was just paste and meat, which was too small so not that tender. Popodums, samosas and chicken tikka starters were excellent and the service was one of the best we had in Icmeler. The owner was extremely pleasant and looked after us, he welcomed comments from us, which included us moaning that they didnt do Bombay potatoes!

The Korma needs lots of work as it was a very strange taste i can only liken to evaporated milk.He did say he was learning and im sure with time this will be a fantastic restaurant, its already miles in front of Masala. Everything is cooked fresh and is very hot, one of us had the chinese (egg fried rice and chicken chow mein) and it was lovely.

I had vindaloo and it was not that hot but the owner knew we were all sharing so held back a bit.

a very good meal, hopefully better next year...we will be back!
Erik The Viking

Postby JT » 28 Aug 2010 21:13

I have to admit Erik it was me that rumbled you.

I was getting in my car and heading to Marmaris for a drink and a game of pool when I spotted your party going in.

As I drove past the Fantasia I remembered a post from the forum daring each other to make the curry hot so I called hakan and said the big guy with no hair and tattoos is Erik the Viking from the forum so burn him :twisted: he called me back a while later half way through my pool game and said you had chickened out and I said "nooo not Erik" then he said that you were sharing and didnt want to burn your friend.

Nowt sinister just that you were spotted
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby kirky » 06 Sep 2010 18:23

i ate here in august before we went there we all know your not going get a curry dish like you get back home,i had poppodums nice fresh ,chicken balti hot it was ok only made 1 visit in 2 week stay,would go back there but not sort place i would visit 3 times in my 2 week stay
kirky

Postby jackonews » 16 Sep 2010 14:20

we have just got back and visited couple of times and the wife had a indian and chinese dish and i had chinese twice both visits were enjoyable ,i thought the chicken swet and sour was excellent,it was busy each time and our opinion was that the sizzler is very much on our return visit list.
we did send some other people along,one being a CURRY EXPERT!!! and they did have mixed opionions so it every body to there own,we visited in July and now again in Sept and had no complaints and Haken and Levant do put in the extra effort to ensure that the night goes smoothly for you
jackonews

Postby Vikki » 16 Sep 2010 14:29

Well im going to give this place a go i have heard nice things about it , okay mixed reviews on here but then that can simply be down to different peoples taste :wink:
Vikki

Advertisement

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 16 Sep 2010 17:04

this place looked really busy some nights when i was there but they always seemed to have early finishes with the place being dead at like 11pm
hope its doing well as the first season for any business is hard
xxxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby Davedavid » 18 Sep 2010 13:40

Hi all, Cant belive some of the reviews I have seen regarding tandoori sizzler! It's a top place to eat for Asian style meals! Defintly the best in icmeler for that type! I'm not a great fan of Asian food but this was very very enjoyable! I had the chicken sweet and sour and the resemberlance to the ones I taste back in London was unreal!! The price for a set meal was great too only 29TL for starters, mains, side order etc.
The service was an added bonus too all the waiters knew what they were doing and very organised! I tend not to go to the same restaurant twice but we went twice!
People talk about it being dead by 11pm, but it's not your typical "dancing boys, barman show, annoying waiters" Type bar/restaurant, it's a restaurant that offers good food with good prices!!
Enjoy
Davedavid
New User
New User

Postby dragon » 18 Sep 2010 14:47

We were disappointed with the main course of our meal, but then three of us ordered the same which was Chicken Tikka Marsalla. The fourth member of our group really enjoyed his, he had a Dupiaza. We were really happy with the service which was excellent and the atmosphere was good. I will definitely be going back there next year as I love my curry. Again, this is the first year for this restaurant and I don't expect them to get everything right, from the start. There are so many positive reviews so its definitely worth another visit.
dragon

Postby cdiggins4 » 18 Sep 2010 22:23

helloooo :)

best meal we had in the whole week of holiday ! just wanted 2 show my appreciation definitely recommend! service was Quality !!

c&d
cdiggins4
New User
New User

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Guestbooks.