News

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

News

Postby Rami Off Work » 25 Jan 2005 15:24

If you have been to Icmeler before, you definitely saw how the shops are lined up and presented with all their products outside laid by the sidewalk, t-shirts hanging off the roofs and dummies all over the place out side shops. Also markets and grocery stores placing their goods in front of the stores. Well, this is now history based on the new regulation and law the municipality passed.

Store owners except bars and restaurants are prohibited to place any goods or even displays in front of their stores, all shall be inside the shops.

Rami
Rami Off Work
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby redrhino12 » 25 Jan 2005 16:28

I hope the powers that be dont take things to far,I dont mind sellars plying there wares outside their shops.
A couple of years ago they cleared a lot of shops and bars which I thought quaint but others saw as an eyesore,also my friend had a fruit barrow on the promenade and legislation came in banning these.
Some things that are banned are not neccesarily a good thing for the tourist industry,re:- music off at midnight.
Tourist are coming on holiday to Icmeler to enjoy themselfes we dont want everything to be sterile
We come to have a good time and making traders move inside is a negative approach,encourage do not discourage your shopkeepers.
On the point of pirate goods I would have thought England was the worst culprit with our CD and DVD rip offs.
Change is not always for the better,what is better for your people as well as the visitor, two things working together for the benefit of all.

Gene
redrhino12

Postby JT » 25 Jan 2005 18:15

Hi Gene,

Everything you have just said I had discussed with Rami earlier today and I totally agree with all you say and hope that there are not too many new laws brought out to spoil people's holidays.

On the point of the shopkeepers having to bring there goods off the streets so as to make it look more like a European city,it seems they have not had a walk around a British seaside resort and seen all the brightly coloured shops displaying all the wares which to me in Britain makes me think I am now on holiday.
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Alec and Lin » 06 Feb 2005 18:01

We have to agree with Gene and John
we hope this new law does not take away some of the things we like about icmeler ie like just being able to look at shops goods without being hassled to go inside their shop as it is in marmaris.
people just like to stroll up streets and stop now and again to look at something that may have caught their eye.
We think this will lead to more hassle from shop keepers to get you to go in their shops.
its the same as stopping music at 12.00 and closing bars at 1.00
when on hols we like to choose what time we are ready to leave and head for bed, Did not like this new law last year if some people dont like to hear music after 12.00 than they have the choice to leave.
Hope to find the changes have not spoilt icmeler to much when we return.

A&L
Alec and Lin
New User
New User

shops

Postby kimwho » 18 Feb 2005 06:13

its a shame that the shops have to take there things inside the shop, but its not just in the hoiıday reosrts, its in the larger non holiday places to, walking down the street in adana after i retuned after a trip home it was starange to eb able to walk freely up the steert without hitting any thing, but does make life easier witht he buggy. but it has chaged and loks very weird, but some one siad loks more like a europeian city, wel if they want to get into the eu they thnk they have to change

def hate the 12 music of thing thou xxxxx
kimwho
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum