Imitations

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Imitations

Postby Rami Off Work » 25 Jan 2005 15:09

It is already illegal to sell copy brand name products in Turkey however no one seems to care and they are being sold all over the country as we speak however I dont think this will be the case in the near future as the goverment is quiet decisive to prevent people from selling copies.

Brand names such as Diesel, Miss Sixty, Tommy Nike etc are already working very hard trying to nail these establishemnts that manufacture and/or sell them. The minimum fine right now is 10.000 USD if you get cought selling copy products. producing unlicensed copy of of cd's and dvd's has a much bigger fine including long jail term.

All fines regarding these activities are going to rise and soon enough the market for these products will shrink to nothing.

Rami
Rami Off Work
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby redrhino12 » 25 Jan 2005 18:24

Rami why not fine the consumer,bring in strict fines or worse for the people buying these products I bet you would see a dramatic drop in demand overnight.
The saying goes "supply and demand" and if there is no demand, I suppose it could mean thousands more Turkish people with no means of support.
No More Markets as we know them.
Oh for the good old days,when we could buy pirate goods.
Get hassled outside shops and bars.
Buy fruit from the Barrow Boys.
Have our music in the Bars till 1am.
Trip over the unmade roads and causeways.

All memories

Gene
redrhino12

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum