First time in Marmaris, please help

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

First time in Marmaris, please help

Postby paulac » 01 Jul 2005 10:56

Going to Marmaris for the first time at the end of July. I just wondered if someone might be able to answer a few questions for me before I go.

What is the average kind of tip you leave for waiters etc, I don't want to offend anyone by leaving too little, but I have no idea what they would expect? Also, if you pay your bill with larger notes, would they automatically keep the change as their tip (as they did in Bulgaria a couple of years ago!)

We are staying at the Club Julian hotel, me, my husband and 2 children, 8 and 4, does anyone know if this hotel changes English money and Travellers cheques into Lira? Could anyone tell me any good places to visit and to eat nearby, also any good trips that the kids will enjoy?

Many thanks.
paulac
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby redrhino12 » 01 Jul 2005 22:42

A tip is left at your own discretion,if you are satisfied with the service and you would like to tip I would suggest 10% of the total bill,I would not tip if ordering say a couple of coffees in the afternoon, only after a main meal or drinking session.

Any decent Hotel has currency changing facilities but doesnt mean you will be getting the best rate,keep your eyes open when passing banks and bars,these being the best place to get more Lira for your pound.

For the kids,Atlantis Waterpark on the sea front
Jeep Safaris
Any Boat Trip

Gene
redrhino12

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum