wayside restaurant

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

wayside restaurant

Postby sueles810 » 25 May 2005 18:12

Hi this is a new place that used to be called the laughing starfish, it is behind the Tansas super market and the school is just a bit pastt it on the right, the two boys who used to work in the Lifeboat, Hamdi and Ozkan have opened it and the food is excellent and loads of choice, do give it a try.
Sue :D
sueles810

Advertisement

Postby debi » 26 May 2005 12:29

:o Great,another eating place to try,there is so many this year,due to reading of them on this site,that our usual ones won't get a look in!!!!! :roll: Thanks Sue :lol:
debi

wayside

Postby dee » 26 May 2005 14:50

went there 2 weeks ago! it was lovely. Great food lovely atmosphere great service. Good to see familiar faces in new surroundings! will be back there in August. :)
dee

Wayside

Postby jotravel » 25 Jun 2005 08:08

The Wayside was one of the best restaurants that we visited whilst in Turkey, the food was fantastic, and if they don't have someting on the menu that you fancy...ask...they are open to new ideas etc...
the atmosphere here was really inviting and it was nice to not be hassled to go into the restaurant, really relaxed and friendly, we came from Marmaris quite a lot to eat here....It's down a little side street behind the Tascas supermarket well worth a visit..
jotravel

Postby ROCKY » 08 Jul 2005 19:08

We went to the Wayside this year. Excellent restaurant. Food was excellent, service very good, nice and airy. No hassle.
ROCKY
New User
New User

wayside

Postby gaf the taf » 11 Jul 2005 16:31

EXCELLENT FOOD, WONDERFUL SERVICE NOTHING TOO MUCH TROUBLE FOR HAMDI AND OZCAN OLD FRIEND FROM THE LOVE BOAT THEY ARRANGED A SPECIAL CELEBRATION ENGAGEMENT MEAL FOR FRIENDS ON HOLIDAY WITH US. ALL THE FOOD IS OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY BUT BY FAR THE BEST STEAK (FILLET OF COURSE) IN ICMELER. WELL WORTH A VISIT. I WILL DEFINATELEY RETURN AGAIN AND AGAIN .......GAF THE TAF........P.S TAKE OZCAN SOME GUINESS FROM UK ITS HIS FAVOURITE AND IMPOSSIBLE TO GET IN TURKEY
gaf the taf

Advertisement

Re: wayside restaurant

Postby Teresa John & Sam » 19 Aug 2005 19:08

sueles810 wrote:Hi this is a new place that used to be called the laughing starfish, it is behind the Tansas super market and the school is just a bit pastt it on the right, the two boys who used to work in the Lifeboat, Hamdi and Ozkan have opened it and the food is excellent and loads of choice, do give it a try.
Sue :D
:P
We loved it at this resatuarant. Food and Service
were Excellent. Sam enjoyed being entertained by the cats! See you all again next year! x
Teresa John & Sam

Postby jessfm » 03 Sep 2005 05:14

We tried the Wayside this year whilst in Icmeler and can honestly say it was our favourite one... we went back to this one twice... Hamdi and his partner were so helpful describing what was in certain dishes etc etc.. Food was spot on...... :)
Jess
jessfm

Postby JT » 03 Sep 2005 06:32

As I ate there myself with my own family and friends I have no hesitation in advisng people to try it for themselves.

Good service and excellent food.

Good luck for next season.
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby andy » 04 Sep 2005 00:48

Looks like another one we'll have to try.
andy

Wayside Restaurant

Postby izal47 » 06 Sep 2005 23:33

Couldn't agree more with all the glowing reports. The guys are fantastic.
We were very diappointed to discover that Hamdi and Ozkan had left the Love Boat when we arrived in Icmeler this summer but Mehmet informed us of their new venture and whereabouts.
We duly spent several eveings in their company, the kids said that they did the best steaks in Icmeler.
We will be back in their restaurant in a couple of weeks. Cant wait.

Alan
izal47
New User
New User

Advertisement

Wayside Restaurant

Postby sixy7 » 07 Sep 2005 01:01

We will be back in Icmeler on the 19th September :D and Barry and myself cannot wait to try this place to eat. I read your post Alan and who knows we may meet up in there one night, it would be nice to put a face to at least one member of Icmeler On line. Have a great holiday as I know that we will.
Jean 8)
sixy7

Wayside

Postby Peejay » 22 Sep 2005 05:10

Just got back. Ate here a few times excellent food Hamdi and Oz on a winner here they know what people like. Restaurant has a buzzzzzzzz
Peejay
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum