New Dalaman Airport

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

New Dalaman Airport

Postby redrhino12 » 15 Jul 2018 19:17

Came through Dalaman new airport on the 11th July on returning back to England.Everything on one level,a lot of work still to do,unfinished snagging works,broken and not working flushing on the toilet system,not enough toilets for the amount of people using them,a lot of people waiting for the ladies facilities.

On arriving at the new airport as you leave the terminal those with cases need to turn left and go down the ramp.A lot of people trying to carry their cases down the steps,a back breaker.

On reflection our experience was ok,its just change again which none of us seem to like.

We did go through passport control and the man was smiling and talkative,so thats got to be a big improvement.

Gene
redrhino12

Advertisement

Re: New Dalaman Airport

Postby cmac » 04 Aug 2018 14:57

We came through on return to Glasgow on 17th July and had mixed feelings. The Thomas Cook checkin is a joke, as usual, even worse than previous years. The duty free is far bigger, but not much better in my opinion. And the food court is better laid out, but not enough tables, or enough space for people walking by. Nice to see they have taken smokers into consideration with small "outdoor" smoking areas. The boarding gates are as bad as ever, very disorganised. So overall i would say it is still work in progress. Also, being queues out the door to get to the 1st security point is not ideal, this should be better laid out
cmac

Postby Eatock08 » 04 Aug 2018 18:52

Seems to have been some improvements since then, I’ve seen comments to say people had no issues. I hope it’s a smooth one for me in September :lol:
Eatock08

Postby Rew » 28 Aug 2018 20:44

Anyone know if there is a ATM in the arrivals part like the old terminal. Struggling to find any TRY in the UK. Only got 20TRY left from last year :)
Rew

Postby cmac » 28 Aug 2018 23:36

Rew, you can get it online at a few places, Debenhams for example. Try money.co.uk to see what best rate is, or you may have a preferred comparison site. Or take sterling out with you to use ?
cmac

Postby jimmy glasgow » 29 Aug 2018 11:55

went through Dalaman on Friday night, to be honest we didn't have any problems ..... I bought an Efes at one of the Bars ( draught ) 70 Lira .... bit of a difference from the Resort prices...... :(
jimmy glasgow

Advertisement

Postby joseph1946 » 29 Aug 2018 13:38

jimmy glasgow wrote:went through Dalaman on Friday night, to be honest we didn't have any problems ..... I bought an Efes at one of the Bars ( draught ) 70 Lira .... bit of a difference from the Resort prices...... :(

That would work out at around £8-50 a pint,i dont think i will be buying any at that price and i like a drink at the airport.
joseph1946

Postby Sami » 30 Aug 2018 17:37

That is mentally expensive, they are obviously taking full advantage of the high Lira/£ rate
Sami

Postby JanetS » 03 Sep 2018 23:27

Came back last week and got through everything at airport really fast and still had 3 hours before our flight. Meals at all the takeaway places were a good price much less than previous times and not that much different from UK but prices for beer and food very expensive near the gates.
Could do with more toilets as the queue for the ladies was all the way along the corridor. Must have had about 30 or more people waiting. Also not that many tables for the number of food outlets.
JanetS

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum