Azil supermarket - still open?

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Azil supermarket - still open?

Postby ScouseFitz » 30 Mar 2018 13:24

Hi folks, just watched one of my videos on YouTube and wondered if anybody knows what's happening with the Azil supermarket, on the corner over the road from Sun Village, near the Rhodes? I believe it was closed last year.
ScouseFitz

Advertisement

Re: Azil supermarket - still open?

Postby ScouseFitz » 30 Mar 2018 13:50

What a shame, I've just found out they're closed, not opening this season, and the building's up for rent. Apparently the new Soks and A101 opening has put pressure on the smaller independent supermarkets. Same old story, and such a pity. I don't know these two new shops or where they are, as we didn't go to Icmeler last year.
ScouseFitz

Postby blondie » 30 Mar 2018 15:53

Yes, it is a shame - it was a great wee supermarket and they were lovely people. There is a Sok supermarket just down from the crossroads where the Wembley Bar and Lovestar are - where Cadde Pide used to be - and also one on the main road near to where the Three Bells used to be before it moved up to its present location. I guess it's the same everywhere though - when these chains move into a place, it's always the little independent shops which suffer. :(
blondie

Postby Sami » 12 Apr 2018 18:14

That is a shame, I used to like using that one for my water etc. Always friendly too and one of the cheapest.
Sami

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum