August 2018 Flights

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

August 2018 Flights

Postby Amelia12 » 18 Jan 2018 16:36

Hi,

Just been pricing up some flights for August 18. I can't believe how expensive they are this year! It kind of puts me off going to Turkey to be honest although I have booked our accommodation. I have never booked this late so it might be my mistake. In everyone's experience do the prices continue to increase. We are tied to school holidays unfortunately. Any tips welcome :D
Amelia12

Advertisement

Re: August 2018 Flights

Postby blondie » 18 Jan 2018 17:00

Unfortunately yes, generally speaking the price of flights does tend to go up - although some people seem to be quite lucky and manage to find a bargain. School holidays are a nightmare as far as the price of flights is concerned too. Have you considered looking for a cheap package, but not using the accommodation which goes with it if you've already booked your own accommodation? It may also be worth looking at the price of flights to Bodrum airport too - the transfer doesn't take that much longer now and isn't much more expensive, so if you can save on the flights, it might be worthwhile. We've also flown into one airport and out of the other on occasion too. Hope you manage to get something sorted out.
blondie

Postby stevew » 18 Jan 2018 19:52

Hi
I remember a Forum member a few years ago, after a Holiday company went bust, managed to save their holiday by flying to Rhodes, then transfer by Ferry to Marmaris and returning from Bodrum. It took a bit of planning (there were approx 11 in the party) but worked. You could also look at travelling Via Istanbul as an option.
Hope you succeed. Steve
stevew

Postby dodge » 18 Jan 2018 20:47

Flights this year are extortionate was coming in at £1200 for two flights last year we paid £810 for the same time late July returning in August had decided that we where not going to be ripped of then whilst looking at a Icmeler forum on Facebook someone posted that EasyJet had released flights from Liverpool logged straight on and got two flights for £805 good times as well if the flights don't come down can see the resort being quiet again agree with another poster that you can get a package cheaper then diy
dodge

Postby Amelia12 » 29 Jan 2018 16:25

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your replies. I have booked now paying the extortionate prices. Since booking the flight has gone up 3 times so at least I have booked. I think I will have to consider going elsewhere next year, which is such a shame, but I am simply not prepared to pay these prices. I did try flying to Bodrum but it was no cheaper, and sometimes more expensive. I know many will say it is cheaper when you are in Turkey but with the flight prices I think it works out no cheaper now with everything factored in. I can only see very quiet resorts next year with many people choosing to go to different countries. It might be more expensive when you get there but actually flying there is a lot cheaper than Turkey as I have checked. All in all it works out about the same. What a shame
Amelia12

Postby Sami » 05 Feb 2018 15:34

I think package deals are cheaper than doing everything separate, however, I have still gone and done the separate booking thing and managed to get a flight via Istanbul for £162.00 return which I think is fab and good times too.
Sami

Advertisement

Postby Amelia12 » 06 Feb 2018 21:14

Hi

Just checked my dates in August and the cheapest indirect flight is £400 + and 23 hours going and 46 coming home. Not for me thanks but I can understand why some people do ☺
Amelia12

Postby Sami » 07 Feb 2018 12:15

Yes I think I just managed to get something good. From Heathrow via Istanbul with only a 2.5 hr wait in between each inbound and outbound so I am happy I have to say. With some of the one stop flights, the total time taken is silly, I agree, this would not be the best thing to do whether cheaper or not.
Sami

Postby blondie » 07 Feb 2018 15:25

I agree - if the stopover time was more than a few hours, I would just take the chance to stay over in Istanbul for a few days, I think.
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum