Doruk hotel &suites

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Doruk hotel &suites

Postby kez&sue » 03 Oct 2017 21:18

Hi all
Arrived back to sunny nottm early this morning after another lovely stay at the doruk the staff owner etc are really nice people they cannot do enough for you the views from the suites are amazing , the weather was fantastic for the whole 2 weeks both icmeler & marmaris were definitely busier than last year the prices exchange rate very similar to May , the security at dalaman although appearing to be thorough is a bit of a joke both in May and september having gone through the 1st scanner checked in gone through the second scanner which you now have to show your passport and boarding card to then the farce really begins told to go to gate 29 the really thorough checks starts but not everyone is checked having processed half of the passengers we then get told for the 2nd time this year that there was a gate change to gate 26 so passengers set off again and they start the same proceedure all over again thoroughly checking the same passengers yet again , now whilst I really do not mind them being thorough but either check nobody or everybody and please do it in a more courteous way I heard several people saying that they had had enough of dalaman and therfore wouldn't be returning to turkey which I find is very very sad but I kind of got what they meant , once again we had an amazing holiday with old friends and met some new ones this holiday and then the horrible experience of dalaman which I absolutely detest , but we just cannot seem to stay away from icmeler sorry for the rambling.
kez&sue

Advertisement

Re: Doruk hotel &suites

Postby sandybeach » 04 Oct 2017 02:19

God review Kez and Sue
Glad you had a good time at the Doruk , i have also been looking at this hotel as the reviews are good but i could not see any pics of the rooms with the balcony and i must have a balcony. Also is there a fridge in the room?

I do agree with you about Dalaman it is a pain and after receiving a couple weeks of great hospitality when you enter Dalaman it is like a slap in the face as the smiles and welcomes from staff at Dalaman are just not there. I normally fly th monarch but now they have gone i was searching for another flight and the prices are so expensive and then there is the private transfer also to add on is making the holiday very expensive and i am also looking at other places to holiday in June and September next year.
Hopefully the prices of the flights will settle down and i i will book to return .
Sandy
sandybeach

Postby Amelia12 » 05 Oct 2017 15:17

Hi,

We have just returned from Icmeler on Monday. I always find the staff at Dalaman airport so rude. Its like they can't even be bothered with you. A wave of the hand or practically shouting instructions at you. Its comical really its that bad. This time though all the food outlets, where the staff are equally rude, closed at the same time for "cleaning". The thing that I do not understand is that tourism has declined massively in Turkey so should the staff not be a bit more "grateful" that some tourists are still travelling there. You just want to be treated with a bit of respect. I have to say that I don't let it bother me but this year it has been especially bad. Perhaps some customer service training is needed!!!
Amelia12

Postby kez&sue » 06 Oct 2017 23:36

Totally agree with both replies if you are wanting pictures of the balcony please check out trip advisor forum photos for the doruk where I have posted pictures of the suite balconies and the amazing views
kez&sue

Postby sandybeach » 06 Oct 2017 23:49

kez&sue wrote:Totally agree with both replies if you are wanting pictures of the balcony please check out trip advisor forum photos for the doruk where I have posted pictures of the suite balconies and the amazing views

Thanks just had a look at the apartments and they look great but unfortunately as a single traveller it is not giving me the option to choose a room with a balcony :(
and being a smoker a balcony is a must for me. i really like the location of this hotel as well, never mind i will carry on looking.
Sandy
sandybeach

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum