Hanedan closed

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Hanedan closed

Postby ScouseFitz » 02 Oct 2017 14:14

Always sad to see our favourite places close. Wayside, Cafe del Mar and now, Hanedan. So many great meals and nights there over the years, so its sad to see that Ahmet is closing today. After 8 years, he's struggled through the season as best he can, but is now joining his family in the UK. We'll miss the place, was always one of our favourites, and his Scouse accent is hilarious! Hope he finds a happy, stress-free future waiting for him. :cry:
ScouseFitz

Advertisement

Re: Hanedan closed

Postby Amelia12 » 06 Oct 2017 14:43

Yes we were there last weekend and also in August and he told us he would have to close because business was so bad. There was only him and the chef there. The meals in there were great and its a real shame. I do fear for a lot of the bars/restaurants though. Some had no-one in when we were there at the weekend and it was a similar thing in August, which is prime holiday time. The exchange rate was really good when we were there but there just was not the people around resort. I personally think it will take a few years now for Turkey to become popular again. I also think it doesn't help that music has to go off at 12 p.m. I sometimes prefer a quiet night but I do believe that you should have a choice. Many a night we were in bars and as soon as the music went off people started to leave. It sort of killed the night. We did see quite a lot of younger people there this time but they constantly moaned about the lack of music. 12 p.m. is early for them!! I love Turkey and Icmeler but how long can they continue like this?
Amelia12

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum