Switch to full style
Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.
Post a reply

Monarch

01 Oct 2017 14:00

It looks as if Monarch airways may be going pear shaped,anyone else read the news.

Re: Monarch

01 Oct 2017 14:39

I see they've granted a 24-hour extension to try to sort things out - let's hope they manage to do so for the sake of everyone who has booked with them already. Something similar happened last year too though - doesn't bode well for them really. It doesn't affect us personally, as they don't fly from Scotland, but I do feel for anyone who has booked with them. Doesn't really inspire confidence, does it?

01 Oct 2017 16:08

i have flights booked with them for September 2018 have been in touch with them,but just get company line all flights are runnining to schedule and we are working to insure future of company and all customers will be kept informed.
luckly booked with credit card so should get money back if worst does happen.
keeping my fingers crossed it turns out ok cos in monarch doesn't survive flights will only get even dearer :(

02 Oct 2017 08:57

Bad news this morning - Monarch has ceased trading. All flights from the UK cancelled and arrangements being made to bring those back who are already abroad. Hope everyone gets back ok, and those booked with them get things sorted out - eventually.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41464934

02 Oct 2017 14:15

We booked with Monarch just 4 days ago for September 2018. Been told that we will be sent a claims form soon and any monies paid will be refunded by end of 2017 at latest. Paid by credit card,
Last edited by mansy on 02 Oct 2017 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

02 Oct 2017 14:21

At least if you paid with credit card you do have that added protection. Hope it all gets sorted out for ASAP.

02 Oct 2017 14:25

Mansy

contact your credit card company as you should get your money back quicker from them they will then claim it back from Monarch

Steve

02 Oct 2017 14:34

Already contacted them, they told me we need to wait for monarch because we are ATOL protected

This is the info we've been given...even if paid by credit card because it is ATOL protected.
If not protected by ATOL..usually flight only..credit card company section 75 or payback

If you booked with Monarch Holidays... you'll need to claim via the CAA. It says it'll provide a claims form soon - we'll update this info as soon as it does - and you should be refunded "by the end of 2017 at the latest.

This is from the Martin Lewis web site

02 Oct 2017 15:37

Guys

you may want to have a look at the link below from the CAA

https://monarch.caa.co.uk/customers/i-h ... elled-yet/

Steve
Post a reply