Airport security

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Airport security

Postby denningj » 22 Sep 2017 13:18

When we came in june first security check meant putting cases thro b4 checkin. But been told that they have been opening cases.....does anyone know if thats true or not?
denningj

Advertisement

Re: Airport security

Postby blondie » 22 Sep 2017 14:15

I think it's just the luck of the draw - they do carry out some random searches. Ours weren't searched (alhough we only take hand luggage anyway) but the people behind us were stopped and had their cases opened.
blondie

Postby Amelia12 » 22 Sep 2017 14:38

When you first arrive at Dalaman airport you put your suitcases through the scanner before you get to check in. Its been like that for a few years now. In August when we went as you arrive at the gate there were also random checks on your hand luggage where they opened and checked it. It is not done to everyone as we were waved through as were others. I personally think that all airports should scan your luggage before you check in.
Amelia12

Postby stevew » 24 Sep 2017 11:07

We returned yesterday, the cases are Xrayed on entry to the Terminal as normal, passengers scanned and patted down. Luggage checked in, we were asked if we wanted hand cases in hold, two of our party said yes, then through to second scanners, hand luggage re-scanned, through to passport control, at the gate boarding passes shown to gain entry and random search/swab of passengers camera case, phones and hand luggage. We found it more organised than when we travelled in July. Then it was complete Chaos, leading to late take off times...we actually took off in our allocated slot and arrived home 15 minutes early after a much needed 2 centre holiday, (in Fethiye and Icmeler)
Steve.
stevew

Postby blondie » 24 Sep 2017 13:41

Steve, did you stay in Fethiye itself and where would you recommend? We're thinking of doing the same (Fethiye area and Icmeler) next year as we've never really explored that area. Thanks in advance...
blondie

Postby stevew » 24 Sep 2017 18:02

Hi Blondie,
We stayed at Calis Beach, not far from the Water taxi rank, but across a Main road, while there we found that everyone was struggling, but NO dancing waiters and at least 4 bars with live music which we missed when we returned to Icmeler.
We went into Fethiye on the Dolmus at 2.75 Tl each, we also went to Oludeniz. passing through Hisaronu en route, for 5.5 Tl each which worked out at £1.80p each for both Dolmus trips, cant do one bus ride here for that.
We found that although there were a lot of brits they seemed to be Expats, the resort including Fethiye Bazzar were very quiet and Fethiye felt larger than Marmaris.
We weren't impressed with the Blue Lagoon (too commercialized) although watching people dodge landing paragliders on the Prom (myself included) whilst taking Photo's was comical. When we went through Hisaronu it looked looked a livelier resort.
Although I enjoyed my stay, I felt Calis too small, maybe we didn't explore enough but we were only there a week. The other party members liked it.
Unfortunately me and the other half went to Kalkan in July, and even though on a hill, we really enjoyed the Old town, fishermen mending nets, roof top Resturants over looking a small harbour, different items in the shops....the only way I can describe it is like Akyaka architecture with 10foot wide streets. would I go to Chalis again, no but I'm certainly looking at Kalkan...approx 1hr 45min from Dalaman.....Blondie.. google or friends of Kalkan on facebook
stevew

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 24 Sep 2017 18:37

We were thinking of Calis - small and quiet is right up our street, so that sounds good. A friend of mine went to Kalkan and enjoyed it there but said it was quite expensive. We've not decided on our "other" destination yet - we would like to go back to Akyaka again, so that is another possibility.
blondie

Postby stevew » 24 Sep 2017 19:12

When we went in July the exchange was 4.65 and for the quality and service I felt it worth the slight increase, also there was Patara beach and ruins.....Real Sand......the rate there at the moment is 4.72 compared with 4.63 and we used Jewellers to exchange, which was different..... But enjoy where ever you chose...
Steve
stevew

Postby switchbird » 25 Sep 2017 00:47

Hi Blondie we are going Thursday to Icmeler (our 18th Visit) but only staying 5 nights then going to Calis Beach for 7 nights, as we felt we needed to see more of Turkey. Will let you know how our stay was. Always think it is good to explore different places as sometimes like at home you get to comfortable doing the same thing.
switchbird

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum