Is the entertainment still entertaining?

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Is the entertainment still entertaining?

Postby ScouseFitz » 19 Sep 2017 14:13

This could split the vote. Got into a chat in the pub at the weekend with someone I'd never met. Turns out we've both been to Icmeler many times. We discussed the obvious problems, flight prices, the UK media stirring up the idea that its not safe to visit, and the changes we'd both seen, particularly over the last 10 years or so.

One thing that came up: 'entertainment'. I will happily run a mile from anywhere that features dancing waiters, the robot, the Michael Jacksons, and that bloody Country Roads song! I just think the entertainment has been done to death, we were bored of it after just two visits.

I know, its each to their own, and don't get me wrong, we still love going to Icmeler, but I just think there are several things the business owners could do to freshen what they offer, and shake it up a little.

Personally, I'd like to see some real live music. Maybe you agree, maybe you like the dancing waiters, or even Clap Clap...??
ScouseFitz

Advertisement

Re: Is the entertainment still entertaining?

Postby blondie » 19 Sep 2017 14:47

I'm with you - I think the much of the current "entertainment" has definitely been done to death and really needs a total rethink. More live music, especially more traditional Turkish stuff, would be lovely.
blondie

Postby smc4761 » 20 Sep 2017 18:29

Have being going since 2004 and the entertainment has not really changed during that time. I absolutley hate it and will not go into any bar that has this

Each to their own of course I am sure there are some who do enjoy this, but it does need freshened up. Personally I would like to see some live music ie tribute acts, actually singing not miming similar to what they have say in Spain, but realise this is very unlikely to happen. Would not mind seeing a few more quiz night, although I know a few places already do this
smc4761

Postby Sami » 21 Sep 2017 09:50

I think if one place had some forward thinking and started doing some new entertainment, the rest would follow suit as this seems to be what happens anyway. Hence why there are so many bars with dancing waiters, Michael Jackson's and such like. They all copy each other trying to out do the other.
Sami

Postby LynnJenny » 18 Oct 2017 22:42

love coming to icmeler had been coming for years then we left a gap of 4 years tried other places came back last year it was lovely to go back meet all old freinds but the entertainment had not changed still the same thing we went into mamaris one night along the beach front some bars had turkish singers on and live music that was lovely we came back totina turner they really need to change it for the better were doing a cruise next yearbut will come back next sept hopefully it will be better
LynnJenny

Postby dodge » 05 Nov 2017 17:47

No well past it needs a total revamp we have been coming for the past seventeen years the past four years for a month in the summer needs to be a lot more live music would be happy to pay extra for my drinks for some quality entertainment
dodge

Advertisement

Postby lechy123 » 06 Nov 2017 22:11

tried Bulgaria Sozopol this year (love Turkey but political principle stops prevents me going back ) live music and even the street musicians were exceptional. Turkey is full of talented people especially young people it would be great to see them being given a chance in the resorts
lechy123

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum