Dodge in Icmeler

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Dodge in Icmeler

Postby dodge » 02 Aug 2016 13:22

Merhaba from sunny Icmeler ☀️☀️
Arrived here late last Friday for a 25 day stay at lighthouse apartments
Due to our late arrival we just dropped our cases and then went straight out to grab a bite to eat at Kumru doner, then ended up in Kactus bar for few beers .
Woke up Saturday to a scorching hot day which we spent by the pool , we have ate at lighthouse, golden moon and had some lovely meals.
Spent couple of nights in Oscars new bar in company of friends we have met over the years in Icmeler.
We have changed money four times at little supermarket under ICR office and got same rate at 3.88 each time.
Resort is the quietest we've ever seen in the 16 years we have been coming here, we have seen no signs of trouble and I can honestly I feel just as safe as we have on previous visits, do not believe scaremongering in the British press & Facebook.
We went on boat trip on Erin1 yesterday which is run by beautiful family and we had a great day and was so good booked to go again tomorrow.
Will post again in couple of days if you have any questions feel free to ask. Cheers Dodge
dodge

Advertisement

Re: Dodge in Icmeler

Postby Macca » 02 Aug 2016 18:18

Thanks for posting Dodge, it's reassuring to know that things are back to normal in Icmeler. We arrive at the end of the month for 3 weeks yeeeeha! :)
Macca

Postby dodge » 04 Aug 2016 21:31

Merhaba greetings from a very hot Icmeler ☀️☀️
Been here a week tomorrow can't believe how fast it's gone !
It's the same Icmeler we've been coming to for the last 16 years great restaurants and food friendly locals and ice cold beer trouble what trouble we've not seen any ?.
Done our 2nd boat trip on Erin1 another fab day out as usual.
Rate in resort 396 in Wembley bar,still great value for money & resort seems to be getting busier :)
Weather today been exceptionally hot 44-46o now at 11pm its 31o
Will post back in few days
Cheers Dodge
dodge

Postby dodge » 06 Aug 2016 21:03

Merhebe from sunny Icmeler!!
Day 9 of 25 and there's been a nice breeze today but still very hot Phew!
Ate at golden moon last night & lighthouse tonight both excellent meals,had another late night at Oscars last night rolling out at 2.30 am.
Rate has dropped in resort today 384 which is usual for a weekend .
Currently sat in Romeo & Juliets with hubby Ian having a well earned beer after a bit of shopping in Istanbul watch centre & three sisters clothes shop.
Still no signs of any trouble and resort still quiet, to be honest the resort is not at it's sparkling best with a number of hotels,restaurants & bars shut this season.
If anybody is about to fly over don't have any worries just come & enjoy your holiday.
As always if you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will answer them if I can ?
Cheers Dodge :)
dodge

Postby dodge » 09 Aug 2016 19:26

Merhebe greetings from an unbearable hot Icmeler
Day 12 of 25 and going so quick Done our 3 rd boat trip on Erin 1 yesterday another fab day with friends temperature hit 53o today was too hot to sunbathe actually fell asleep after lunch didn't wake up until 5 unfortunately like the temperature exchange rate isn't rising only got 378 tonight.
Sat in champagne bar just had a lovely meal probably best steak we had since we got here, Chamoagne was 1st restaurant we ate in Icmeler when we first started coming 16 years ago when Zaza was front man and Alex used to do his braveheart speech.
Off to do a bit of shopping then few beers with friends in Ace bar
Cheers Dodge
dodge

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 09 Aug 2016 23:21

Thank you Dodge for keeping us up to date with your time spent in Icmeler. Sounds like your having a really enjoyable time and boat trips are a great way to spend your days. It sounds too hot for me, hence the reason I never go in July/August. For me it has to be May/June and Sept/October when weather is a bit more bearable. You've hit the half way mark now so I will look forward to following your posts for a bit longer - enjoy.
sunlover loch lomond

Advertisement

Postby redrhino12 » 10 Aug 2016 20:13

Thanks for the updates Dodge,we also like the boat trips,its one way of coping with the heat.Hope the rest of your holiday goes well.

Gene
redrhino12

Postby Macca » 12 Aug 2016 19:37

Hi Dodge
Good blogs about Icmeler. Where did you book for the Erin boat trip, we haven't done one for a while and that one sounds good.
Glad you are having a good time :) :D
Macca

Postby goodlookinbill » 12 Aug 2016 21:16

Hi you can book this trip from the icr.office. it's a great day out.
goodlookinbill

Postby dodge » 12 Aug 2016 22:21

Merhebe from a very very hot Icmeler !!
Day 15 of 25 ! Said goodbye to our friends today Ken Maureen Chris & Jim who were staying in the Sun blue who have been with us for two weeks and wish them a safe flight home.
Since our last post we've been out on the Erin1 again such a relaxing day and booked for one on Monday , we book direct with Adem but can also book with ICR.
The rate last couple of days has dropped to 375 :( .
Ate at the lighthouse again tonight nice meal as always , currently sat in sport inn having few beers watching St Helens game.
Resort continues to be quieter than previous years I can alay anyone's fears who is about to travel out the resort is totally safe and the locals are as friendly and welcoming as they've ever been.
As always if anyone has any questions feel free to ask
We will say goodnight for now as beer getting warm
Cheers Dodge
dodge

Postby dodge » 14 Aug 2016 21:15

Merhebe from a hot hot Icmeler
Day 17 of 25
Just spent the day lounging around the pool all these late nights or should I say early mornings are taking there toll.
Ate at the Selam tonight what a terrific meal to anyone coming out this place is a must do Turkish food at its best & very reasonable .
Boat trip no 5 tomorrow so not out too late tonight
rate in resort is 378.
Currently sat in sport inn having a beer or two.
Any questions we will answer if we can
Cheers Dodge
dodge

Advertisement

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 14 Aug 2016 23:31

Thanks again for your updates. I also love dining at Selam and wondered if you could advise if you had to book in advance and if so, do you have a phone number for them? Many thanks in advance.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby blondie » 15 Aug 2016 07:42

We have booked in advance for Selam in the past, although with the resort being a bit quieter this year, you might be lucky and get a table without having to book - but just in case, here's the number: +90 252 455 5716
blondie

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 15 Aug 2016 11:00

Thanks blondie. I'll take a note of the number and I suppose better to book than be disappointed.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby dodge » 15 Aug 2016 19:24

That's not the number on his card we got last night it's
+90 532 785 65 32
Email address
[email protected]
Cheers
Dodge
dodge

Postby blondie » 15 Aug 2016 19:32

Ahh, maybe they've changed it recently then - thanks for the update, Dodge
blondie

Advertisement

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 15 Aug 2016 20:22

Thanks for the information Dodge and it is useful to have an email address.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby Macca » 16 Aug 2016 21:04

Hi Dodge,
We are familiar with most places in Icmeler but could you tell us where the Selam restaurant is located, as we love Turkish food and go to the Hanadan or Effis so somewhere else would be good for Turkish Cuisine
Macca

Postby dodge » 16 Aug 2016 21:16

Hi Macca
Do you know where holiday restaurant it's on that same side towards tansas of not will give you further directions
Cheers Dodge
dodge

Postby dodge » 16 Aug 2016 21:33

Merhebe from hot Icmeler with bit of breeze tonight
Day 19 of 25
Currently sat in Kaktüs bar having few beers / ciders watching city game.
Went on boat trip no5 yesterday another great day as usual on Erin1
Ate at golden moon last night another great meal ended up in Oscars bar until 3am had a lie in spent rest of day chilling around pool .
Rate in resort today 373:(
Ate in nefes pide for a change tasty food and exceptionally cheap then went clothes shopping.
Walking around the resort and has become more apparent that a lot of bars hotels restaurants & hotels have not opened up this year, and to be quite honest the resort does not look it's sparkling best.
A lot of shops & restaurants appear to be struggling and I can't see how they are making any money one restaurant owner told me he had to sell his car to pay for his lease this season , another bar owner has told me that unless he has a really good September he will have to sell his car to open up next season, my heart really goes out to them as they struggle due to being far less tourists in resort & yet they still remain so friendly and welcome as they've ever been I only hope that there businesses pick up in September .
As always any questions please do ask and we will answer if we can
Cheers dodge
dodge

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum