Changes

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Re: Changes

Postby jeffg » 07 Jun 2014 12:19

We are in Icmeler at the moment, we have been coming here for last 10 years or so and we have to say we have seen a marked difference in as much as the atmosphere of the place has gone quite considerably, the food is still exceptional, in the places we have eaten of course , and even though the rate is great at present, we got .3.5 in supermarket just up from Mirage hotel, the prices in the bars have risen to reflect this. With regard to the music we were talking to staff in Deniz Kapisi last night and apparently the mayor is putting a total block on the entertainment we are used to and the noise police are doing regular checks on the levels, the Munamar on the beach must be exempt because the music is still really loud in there until midnight, sorry for being so long winded.
jeffg

Advertisement

Postby Garngad Jim » 07 Jun 2014 12:53

Myself and my good lady are both very much looking forward to icmeler on 20/6 as it is shall we say " hissing down " here in glasgow. :( : Everyone has there own opinion(s) on what entertainment is
of course we dont want music blasting in our ears, all we normally do after we are fed and suitably watered is have a walk around to see whats on offer or dare i say it the dolmus to and i`m going to use bad language here, marmaris, :twisted: Whats on or isn`t on well, we`ll cross that bridge and all that stuff.
Any way chins up, i know my four chins are up, the wifes six are well up, only kidding its five :lol: Happy hols to all in resort and those still to come.
Garngad Jim

Postby smc4761 » 07 Jun 2014 13:02

Still plenty of entertainment around resort if you look (or listen) for it. Some of the bars are being a little naughty and still have dancing waiters etc

Plenty of bars still have music, the majority of which is music in background where you can still talk to each other. very few boom boom bars now, thank goodness
smc4761

Postby JT » 07 Jun 2014 13:41

Marmaris is a great place to stay and be in day or evening

I love it down the marina and spend as much time as I can there

If anyone wants to book anything in Marmaris then you can do so here http://www.marmaris-online.com/
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Jay Trip » 07 Jun 2014 19:15

We have been coming to Turkey for 24 years ,22 since we first came to Icmeler.
After last year I thought we would have a change this year as it just didnt feel the same.
I booked a holiday to Benidorm for the 1st 2 weeks in April for my husbands birthday.To say he was annoyed is an understatement!
However we had a fabulous time.The hotel,food weather and entertainment was brilliant.
We are retired now and are together 24/7 so sitting in a quiet bar on an evening does not appeal to us.I dont drink and he only has a couple of pints.
We saw 35 acts in 2 weeks and we were surprised how busy the resort was.Our hotel was full for the whole 2 weeks we were there.
My friend is going to Icmeler on Monday to the Grand Aquarium and asked us to go with them for the princely sum of £173 but its the first year I have felt I am not bothered about going back.I never thought I would ever feel like this about Icmeler.
If anyone doesnt like the changes in Icmeler go elsewhere.
Jay Trip

Postby daisysun » 07 Jun 2014 19:33

JT wrote:Marmaris is a great place to stay and be in day or evening

I love it down the marina and spend as much time as I can there

If anyone wants to book anything in Marmaris then you can do so here http://www.marmaris-online.com/

JT could you tell me if the big turkish night In Marmaris that you can book up for is on every night or just certain nights? If so which nights is it on? Thanks
daisysun

Advertisement

Postby LaneyICR » 08 Jun 2014 11:18

daisysun, the Turkish night that takes place in Marmaris is just on a Thursday and Sunday night and pick up is provided to and from your accommodation :)
LaneyICR

Postby daisysun » 08 Jun 2014 13:10

Ah thank you. We were wanting to go on Sunday 20th July for my birthday :)
daisysun

Postby Bev & Mandy » 09 Jun 2014 13:42

I wonder what time the England games thats on on the 24/05 is screened in Icmeler??? anyone have the answer - I would love to know as we will be there then and really want to watch it... thanks

Two weeks of the world cup will be held whilst we're in Icmeler, luckily all the games apart from two will be held at 11pm, so that's my early nights sorted. The two games will be on our first day and the final game, so that`s not too bad :)[/quote]
Bev & Mandy

Postby mks » 09 Jun 2014 15:34

14th England v Italy 1am, 19th England v Uruguay 10pm, 24th England v Costa Rica 7pm. Icmeler time of course. Bring it on!
mks

Postby chezza100 » 10 Jun 2014 08:49

I fly out on Friday and home on 25th.

I was going to for 10 days originally but when I saw the England fixtures I bumped it up to 12 days to fit in all 3 group matches.

Ironically I'm not a huge football fan but have been abroad before during the World cup & its been great.

Can't wait just 72 hours to go before I board that plane 8) - if its on time of course haha
chezza100

Advertisement

Postby Amelia12 » 10 Jun 2014 16:34

I got back a couple of days ago after a fortnight in Icmeler. The first week was quiet music/entertainment wise. I understand what people are saying about it being a change for the good but to be honest there were many "quieter" bars in Icmeler if that was what you wanted. The bar owners/waiters we spoke to are all really worried about the changes. They don't see it as a change for the better. I have been going for 4 years now and have many friends there. I personally think the key to the resort is choice. If you want a busier bar then head for that if not head for the quieter ones. The choice has been taken away. The mayor who made the changes is in office for 5 years. I know from experience that they always try and change things are the start of the season but it usually reverts back to how it used to be. This time though there are so many police, in cars, on foot even plain clothes making sure there is no loud music or shows that it makes you feel uneasy. They are issuing on the spot fines. It is spoiling things. I go to Icmeler as it to me is a family resort with something for everyone but to me not anymore. If the resort is stripped of music, shows, markets (there is also talk of making shopkeepers put all their stock inside the shop) what will be left? The choice will be taken away and the owners have already said takings are down, less people and the knock on effect will inevitably be closures of shops, bars, restaurants and how can that be a good thing? We are a family so its not as if we go there for "wild" nights. Hopefully the mayor will compromise. The music went off at 12 midnight last year so its not as if it went on all night.
Amelia12

Postby ian » 10 Jun 2014 18:05

slowly but surely a TRUE and HONEST picture is starting to emerge from icmeler and like i have said from the begining the changes are NOT for the good of the resort,the resort is well known for a place exellent for families and couples, there are a few on here that want icmeler to be quiet like how it used to be how selfish is that ! and remember it was the families that made icmeler what it was,having spoken to many owners i couldn,t find a single one that was happy with the changes,although theres been some people reported theres plenty ! must be a different icmeler to the one i went to, the saviour this year will be the world cup , but for next year !i could say a lot more about some of the untrue reports on here but fear it will only result in me being deleted from the forum,but as more people are giving a true account of the resort as it is this year it highlights for me the people who are talking nonsense.
ian

Postby blondie » 10 Jun 2014 18:13

Not going to get into this argument again - all I am going to say is that anything I have posted on here is the truth and what I have seen or heard personally. People go to different places, talk to different people and see things from a different perspective. I'm certainly not going to be accused of posting untruths, and think I've been a member for this forum for long enough that most people would confirm that.
blondie

Postby geordie mafia » 10 Jun 2014 18:18

Hi all. For the past 8 years .we Geordie-Mafia (4 young at heart but slightly crinkly couples) have had our May holiday in Icmeler & our Sept. holiday in Tenerife but this year we have swopped them around. Had a great time in Tenerife but after all the feedback on the forum we all feel a bit apprehensive about what to expect when we arrive in Sept. We have made lots of friends in many of the bars & restaurant's around town and really like the variety of places to go. We have posh-nosh nights, quiet chit-chat nights & noisy sing-a-long nights but now it looks as if the choice is extremely limited. Yet another boost to the A/I hotels. As the old saying goes "IF ITS NOT BROKE WHY FIX IT" We will see for ourselves in Sept. and then make our minds up for next year, as will many others. Cheers all
geordie mafia

Postby ian » 10 Jun 2014 18:37

i have been carefull not to name anyone in particular on here and think it would be unfair to do so as we,re all entitled to our own opinions,however it is becoming clear on here that the majority who have been have not liked the changes and are not good for the resort.
ian

Advertisement

Postby Amelia12 » 10 Jun 2014 19:24

Like I said previously I have just returned. We knew beforehand of the rumours about the entertainment etc but I must say on the first night we ate out and then went on to one of our usual bars. The kids love the shows and there was none. We moved on to another bar thinking it was just a one off but no not one show. In the 2 weeks we were there we saw just the male belly dancer. The waiters are bored stiff and say that it is very different to even last year. What I don't understand is everyone on here returns each year to Icmeler and if they wanted a change why did they keep returning to somewhere where they had music and entertainment. I like a nice quiet meal and then if I want to a bit of music but that's the problem if I want music I have to go to Ambiance (ha) or another indoor bar. If you don't like music or entertainment that's fine I presume you went to different bars in Icmeler and there were many but why then want to stop the music or entertainment in bars/restaurants that presumably you would not go to anyway as you prefer a quiet night. It doesn't make sense to me. And no I don't think Icmeler has gone downmarket because of a bit of music/entertainment. If its not your thing then there are plenty of bars that don't put music/shows on and the same for me I can go to where I want. Everybody is happy. There was something for everyone and now it has changed. To be honest the mayor is from the same party as the ruling government and they are very traditional. Be careful what you wish for as first this and I believe more is to follow. The bar owners etc are asking tourists to send e-mails to the mayor asking him to reconsider. If it carries on bars/restaurants/shops etc will close and there won't be much left in Icmeler except the AI hotels. It was exactly a club 18-30 resort just a nice family place with something for everyone.
Amelia12

Postby ian » 10 Jun 2014 19:37

well said amelia .,,,i have posted more on this subject in the last few weeks than i have on the entire 5 years i have been a member, although i have been going to icmeler since 2000,,,there was nowhere else to compare, i asked the question to many, who voted the mayor in,,,,and those that did now realise they have scored an own goal,
ian

Postby markglasgow » 10 Jun 2014 20:10

ian wrote:i have been carefull not to name anyone in particular on here and think it would be unfair to do so as we,re all entitled to our own opinions,however it is becoming clear on here that the majority who have been have not liked the changes and are not good for the resort.

We are all entitled to our opinions Ian but you seem very keen to promote your own as being 'correct'. Why would you have be 'careful' not to mention anyone's name? This isn't the place for petty squabbling.
markglasgow

Postby ian » 10 Jun 2014 20:40

well mark its not a case of " na na na na i was right and you were wrong " that is playground stuff, but there are some on here that have there head in the sand ,,,if you say black they say white, i have given accurate figures ,i,e the stella show,majestic,venice,friends,boat trip,,,and so on and hired a scooter for a few days and coverd many miles in icmeler,,,again i posted the facts of what i saw that were accurate,,,all that was asked at the begining was people gave honest and truthfull reviews,most have,if you can be botherd to read this topic from the begining you will see that as the weeks have went on more and more of the reviews say much the same thing, apart from one or two,not a case of right or wrong , only an acknowledgement that one of the best resorts on the planet now has a big problem. i said in one of my first posts on this topic that the magical essence of icmeler is slowly being eroded away and i stand by that.
ian

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum