Medical And Health Questions

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Medical And Health Questions

Postby JT » 15 May 2012 13:44

Dr Murat from Medline clinıc is now a member of our forum and will answer any questions you may have
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Re: Medical And Health Questions

Postby YUCELINE » 15 May 2012 13:52

Hi all,
I'm availible to help anyone wth questions and of course you can send privately if you wish.
YUCELINE
New User
New User

Postby helen2904 » 15 May 2012 14:11

Welcome Dr Murat. I am sure you will be very happy with us. We look forward to your views and recommendations. I also look after four doctors, as their administrator. I love my bosses and my job very much.

Best wishes.

Helen
helen2904

Postby linsw » 15 May 2012 14:45

Welcome Dr Murat, can you buy surgical spirit in Icmeler ,thanks Lynn
linsw
New User
New User

Postby gem2710 » 15 May 2012 15:02

welcome Dr Murat. Good to know we are in safe hands should we need your help whilst in icmeler :D
gem2710

Postby YUCELINE » 15 May 2012 15:11

Hi gem2710,
Thank you for your best wishes,everytime you can ask your medical questions to me.
I will try to answer your questions ASAP.
Dr.Murat
YUCELINE
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby shaz » 15 May 2012 15:45

Welcome Dr Murat, Nice to see you on the forum here. Look forward to popping in and saying hi very soon :D
shaz

Postby Elayne » 15 May 2012 16:22

Hoş geldiniz DR Murhat
Elayne

Postby noodles1609 » 15 May 2012 16:27

Hello Dr Murat

How lovely to have you on the forum offering advice. I wonder if you can suggest the best thing to prevent ant and mosquito bites. I react very badly to them but seem to get dozens regardless of using repellant. They blister and scar and are quite unpleasant.

Many thanks
noodles1609

Postby sylvia » 15 May 2012 17:19

Welcome DR Murat hpe you enjoy being on the forum, nice to know you are there if we need you. :D :)
sylvia

Postby shelly » 15 May 2012 17:28

hi doctor i need advice on mossys too please. I have tried everything and still get bit and im alergic too . I have a very bad reaction.

I have tried the turkish repellent called OFF still got bit

Any suggestions ??
shelly

Advertisement

Postby anitap » 15 May 2012 19:45

Welcome Dr Murat,
was aslo wondering for prickly heat and my husband sometimes feels quite poorly abroad sicky etc any advise hes type 1 diabetic and ended up in hospital in spain last time
anitap

Postby duffaire » 15 May 2012 20:41

Welcome Dr Murat, glad to have you aboard the forum, as yet we have never needed a doctor while in Icmeler, but there is always a first time.
duffaire

Postby YUCELINE » 16 May 2012 09:42

Hi,
First of all,I want to give an advice about mosquito bites.

It is a common problem specially in the summer seasons.
Repellents aren't enough for protectıon lots of tıme.

If you have a mosquito bıte,you must keep clean the area for preventıon from the bacterial contamination.

Mosquito bite treatment starts with cleaning the area and addressing the reaction as soon as you realize you've been bitten.
A simple mild soap and warm water wash is the first place to start; pat dry with a soft towel and resist the urge to rub.
Scratching and rubbing will actually prolong the mosquito bite itch instead of offering (temporary) relief.
You also run the risk of introducing dirt and bacteria into the open area and developing an infection.

Calamine lotion or a topical anesthetic are effective mosquito bite treatments.
One percent hydro-cortisone cream alleviates itching, as well. If applications to the surface of the skin don't take care of the symptoms immediately, try taking an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen or naproxen. This will help to reduce the swelling of the bites. For more severe cases, an antihistamine such as Benedryl will also help, but check with a doctor before administering the medication for this reason and also you see any blısters or red bıg and hot areas on the skin you must check wıth a the doctor because ıt may be a first phase of an ınfectıon.
Secondarily,
Prickly heat is also common problem in the summer season.Avoiding the heat by staying in the shade ,cool shower or baths and wearing loose, cotton clothing will help to ease your symptoms.Applying calamine lotion will soothe the affected area of skin. You can also use hydrocortisone cream if your skin is particularly sore and itchy.Most heat rash resolves without treatment, often within a day after changing to a cooler environment.If your symptoms doesn't disappear you must check your condition with a doctor.
Kind Regards
Dr.Murat
YUCELINE
New User
New User

Postby Brownie1 » 16 May 2012 12:07

Welcome to the forum Dr Murat. Thank you for your advice for mosquito bites.
Brownie1

Postby shelly » 16 May 2012 12:32

Thankyou very much for your advice doctor.
shelly

Advertisement

Postby annetta » 16 May 2012 18:52

Welcome to the forum Dr Murat, thankyou for the advice on prickly heat.

I had prickly heat on my arms last year and it was driving me mad! I went to the pharmacy next to the Bounjour and they gave me two creams to mix together and to apply to the area, it didwork but was rather messy.

If I get it this year I will try calamine or Hydrocortisone cream. Can these be bought in Icmeler or am I better to bring them with me?

Anne
annetta

Postby JT » 22 May 2012 09:23

Dr Murat to the rescue with George and Margo
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 22 May 2012 15:45

JT
I am so pleased that this information has been posted as my husband has a number of health problems and I always come on holiday anxious about what I would do if he became ill. I will be calling into your office next week to book a turkish bath and get contact details for Dr Murat as no doubt in a panic I would not know where to turn. Many thanks for keeping us all so well informed and welcome to the forum Dr Murat.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby duffaire » 22 May 2012 15:59

Dr Murat and is team are fantastic, talk about GO GO GO, they had Margo in hospital so quick I could not believe it, in the UK we would have waited hours for the bloody ambulance then hour in AE, here we were through the lot in no time, I think the longest part was cutting Margo's ring off her fingers, and that was because she was saying she didn't want them cut off, stubborn cow lol.
duffaire

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum