Thomas cook Luggage

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Thomas cook Luggage

Postby sunnylady » 14 May 2012 20:35

Hi,
I have a friend who is going to Turkey next week. There is her, hubby and 3 kids.The airline they are flying with is Thomas Cook. They each have 15kg of luggage allowance. Can they share the luggage out amongst a few cases or do they need a case each with 15k?.
When we go away we just take a case each so couldn't help friend out with the answer. I know if they have to have a case each it is going to be hard as the kids are only 8, 5 and 3.
Any advice would be appreciated.
sunnylady

Advertisement

Re: Thomas cook Luggage

Postby noodles1609 » 14 May 2012 20:52

Hiya

My experience of TC is that the limit is per case to a maximum number of cases - so if they've all got a 15kg allowance then that would be 15kg maximum in each of a maximum of 5 cases. I've flown with others where they consider the maximum weight spread across the maximum cases - for example with a paid for allowance of 2 cases you could have one case at 20kg and the other at 10kg and it would be fine but TC have been quite strict with this in the past. I was thinking we may go over our allowance this time and was checking the prices for more weight only yesterday - costs a blooming fortune for just an extra 5kg bought in advance, so wouldn't like to think what they'll charge at the airport.

There's always the consideration that kids clothes, towels etc cost peanuts to buy in Icmeler, and much less than extra luggage, could pack lighter and buy what is needed when they get there, then pass on for others to use - we always pass towels on to restaurant lads to save weight coming back, and OH has a habit of coming back with considerably fewer clothes than he went with!
noodles1609

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 14 May 2012 20:56

fly with TC all the time and you can combine the cases as long as one case does not weight more than 32kg for health and safety reasons due to the cases being lifted
the booking for a family will be a combined booking so the weight can be spread
dont go over though because they are £15 extra per kilo
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby Bigdaddydawg » 14 May 2012 21:04

Hi there sunnylady,
I fly with TC all the time too and their hold luggage allowance has always been 20kg's. Maybe you could ask your friend to check her allowance..
Bigdaddydawg

Postby slimelaine » 14 May 2012 21:18

We fly with Thomas Cook, I have just checked my booking confirmation and the luggage allowance and it is 20kg each.
slimelaine

Postby fifegirl » 14 May 2012 22:08

Im flying with TC in 2 weeks and my luggage allowance is 20kg plus 5 kg hand luggage. :)
fifegirl

Advertisement

Postby noodles1609 » 15 May 2012 05:08

I hope they do combine it, would be much easier and makes no difference to the overall weight - sadly, not what we've experienced with them (perhaps we didn't fly on a sunny day or something :) ). We've also got 20kg with them, but this is with a flight only booking. When we've booked a holiday - even just a flight and hotel we've always got 15kg included.
noodles1609

Postby redrhino12 » 15 May 2012 06:47

My allowance with TC is 15kg ,I would have to pay extra to upgrade to 20kg.

Gene
redrhino12

Postby looby lou » 15 May 2012 08:29

iv'e booked with Thomas Cook the past couple of years and have always been able to combine the weight between cases.
'
looby lou

Postby jnesbitt » 15 May 2012 09:15

Gene is correct,with thomas cook you get 15kgs free, and pay extra for 20kgs, I always think it is better to take a case for each passenger, may not be full going out, but there is room for extras coming back, and your not worrying that the case is overweight, if you put luggage allowance together.Hope this helps :D
jnesbitt

Postby Caltonian » 15 May 2012 09:35

Remember there's 2 different companies, TC and FlyTC. When you book flight only (FlyTC) and pay for luggage, it's a 20kg allowance. When you book a package (TC), it's 15kg per person automatically given.

Sorry, can't help with the OPs question as to whether allowances can be pooled.
Caltonian

Advertisement

Postby daisysun » 15 May 2012 10:50

we were wondering the same thing as we are in a similar position - travelling with kids and have 15kg each - have to pay extra for 20kg
daisysun

Postby Sami » 15 May 2012 11:04

Caltonian wrote:Remember there's 2 different companies, TC and FlyTC. When you book flight only (FlyTC) and pay for luggage, it's a 20kg allowance. When you book a package (TC), it's 15kg per person automatically given.

Sorry, can't help with the OPs question as to whether allowances can be pooled.

You are right in what you say here. It does depend how you book as I have flight only and have 20 kg.
Sami

Postby daisysun » 15 May 2012 11:32

i've just rang and spoke to Thomas cook and the lady i spoke to said that luggage weight can be combined amongst people on the same booking. She said that each case should weigh no more than 32kg for lifting purposes but advised me to stick to no more than 30kg per case. She said that as we are travelling with an infant who is entitled to 10kg of luggage, this 10kgs has to be in a seperate case but all of the childrens allowance (15kg each) can be combined in one case.
Hope this helps
also she said that hand luggage allowance can not be combined
daisysun

Postby benevis » 15 May 2012 13:34

I am flying with T.C. in Sept. as I did last year. My allowance is 20kl. I have a flight only this year.Last year I went with Direct Holidays, and was 20kl, the same holiday with Thomas COOK was 15 kl, also we had free inflight meals with DH, but they were extra with T.C.
benevis

Postby helen2904 » 15 May 2012 14:14

We also have 20kgs with Thomas Cook this year.

Helen
helen2904

Advertisement

Postby yidley » 15 May 2012 14:25

Last year we booked a package holiday with TC but through Direct Holidays and had 20kg allowance each. This year we booked direct with TC and were only allocated 15kg and had to pay to increase up to 20kg, sorry can't remember how much it was to increase though.
yidley

Postby sunnylady » 15 May 2012 15:42

Thanks for all the replies.

daisysun wrote:i've just rang and spoke to Thomas cook and the lady i spoke to said that luggage weight can be combined amongst people on the same booking. She said that each case should weigh no more than 32kg for lifting purposes but advised me to stick to no more than 30kg per case. She said that as we are travelling with an infant who is entitled to 10kg of luggage, this 10kgs has to be in a seperate case but all of the childrens allowance (15kg each) can be combined in one case.
Hope this helps

I have passed this on to friend. I don't know how she would have managed if she had to have taken 5 cases, with 3 kids, especially one in a pushchair. :D
sunnylady

Postby daisysun » 15 May 2012 16:37

sunnylady wrote:Thanks for all the replies.

daisysun wrote:i've just rang and spoke to Thomas cook and the lady i spoke to said that luggage weight can be combined amongst people on the same booking. She said that each case should weigh no more than 32kg for lifting purposes but advised me to stick to no more than 30kg per case. She said that as we are travelling with an infant who is entitled to 10kg of luggage, this 10kgs has to be in a seperate case but all of the childrens allowance (15kg each) can be combined in one case.
Hope this helps

I have passed this on to friend. I don't know how she would have managed if she had to have taken 5 cases, with 3 kids, especially one in a pushchair. :D

That was what we were faced with! as we also have 3 kids, and the youngest will only be 1 when we go so would have the pushchair as well. I searched on the internet but was getting different answers so thought it was best to just speak to Thomas Cook themselves, and pleased i did as i would never have known to keep the baby 10kg seperate. Pleased it helped
daisysun

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 18 May 2012 16:53

if you book a package with TC their standard allowance included in the package price is only 15kg so be careful
if you purchase a flight only with TC its £32 per person return for 20kgs luggage
if you book a package there is an option to upgrade to 20kg but with a charge
hope this helps
watch you allowances everyone please
dalaman are very strict for excess baggage
xxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum