Rangers Bar in Icmeler

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Re: Rangers Bar in Icmeler

Postby bikerjambo » 08 May 2011 22:17

For anyone not really in the know, Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic are the 2 most sectarian and bigoted institutions that we have in Scotland, we really don't need them exported to Icmeler. A shower of MOD EDITS the lot of them!
bikerjambo

Advertisement

Postby Popstar » 09 May 2011 09:09

bikerjambo wrote:For anyone not really in the know, Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic are the 2 most sectarian and bigoted institutions that we have in Scotland, we really don't need them exported to Icmeler. A shower of MOD EDITS the lot of them!

Bikerjambo I think to class all the fans the same is totally over the top! All football teams have violence and idiots as im sure Hearts has too, would you like to be tarred with the same brush?
Popstar
New User
New User

Postby jonnyb19782 » 09 May 2011 09:44

Might as well get rid of the Irish bar to. Ira, Sectarian and all that. No im not serious here but amounts to the same. come on, a bar is a bar.
I like football, dont support rangers, will not go into it as im on holiday and want to avoid all things typically British.
No big deal for me. Why would anyone automatically assume violence etc
jonnyb19782

Postby blondie » 09 May 2011 09:51

I didn't mention anything about supporters of a particular team, sectarianism or violence. My concerns are that these type of bars, whatever their allegiance, lower the tone of Icmeler and are more suited to the likes of Marmaris, which already caters for that sort of clientele. Plus, as I said already, I don't see the point of opening a bar and automatically alienating a great many of your potential customers by nailing your colours to one particular team. I would much rather see far fewer "british" type bars, never mind football-themed, in Icmeler anyway - and more authentically Turkish places.
blondie

Postby dotty » 09 May 2011 10:12

shuggy bear wrote:i live in the real world , as u say thats my opion , but a themd bar in turkey has got nothing to do with GLASGOW RANGERS and i dont ware blinkers.

...then why call it the Rangers Bar??? And I'm sure the theme will be blue and white, say no more.

Why would anyone automatically assume violence etc

Read the Scottish newspapers after a Rangers Celtic match and you'll know why.

What a touchy subject this has turned out to be, so in summary - most folk think its a bad idea, most folk won't go in this bar so just another business to go down the tubes. And, how long till the Celtic Bar opens....
dotty

Postby dustylady » 09 May 2011 11:47

keep football bars in mararis they have a rangers bar there keep it there and leave icmeler to the quite resort it is
hail hail
dustylady
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby fin54 » 09 May 2011 16:06

:D Why not have a Rangers Bar, their the champions of Scotland :D
fin54

Postby dustylady » 09 May 2011 16:49

fin54 not yet their not :D :lol:
I have been to spain,greece ect and I am a fan of football but never have I gone to any of the football bars if I wanted to do that on holiday I would stay at home
In spain I go to tapas bars as this is part of there culture and any other country I do the same
`
dustylady
New User
New User

Postby sharon1960 » 09 May 2011 19:05

they should put a man utd bar at the top of the hill, as man utd are used to looking down on everyone else, and again this year COME ON YOU REDS :mrgreen:
sharon1960

Postby shuggy bear » 09 May 2011 20:46

well dotty you were the first person to mention sectarianism / vandalism ,so you basically started all this talk.
shuggy bear

Postby Erik The Viking » 09 May 2011 21:10

Nice to see everyone in the holiday spirit!

As i said last year, no matter what team it is - there is too much choice in the resort to be able to afford to concentrate your bar on a certain area of fans - why not just have a 'Champions' bar where fans from all teams can take shirts and flags and watch the game. If the Diva bar was suddenly to become the Arsenal bar...i would personally rather go and drink out of the canal.

Where teams have such massive apposing rivalries - Rangers, Celtic, Liverpool, Man utd etc...you will turn away as many customers as attract them.

Thats my opinion, now play nicely everyone... :lol:
Erik The Viking

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 09 May 2011 21:21

That's one of the points I made too, Erik - by having a bar themed to any one particular team, you're automatically going to alienate a vast majority of potential customers. In the current economic climate, that doesn't seem like good business sense to me. Bars come and go all the time in places like Icmeler and I'd have thought any potential business owner would be doing their utmost to attract as wide a range of customers as possible.
blondie

Postby tony-s » 09 May 2011 23:10

hmmm...think this is one of these topics that will always cause a bit of friction, personally i'm a celtic supporter who holidayed often with a rangers supporter and our families, we always went and watched all our respective games together in a turkish sports themed bar, but if he where to ask me to watch his team play in rangers themed pub guess what my answer would be. And vice versa i would imagine, so i agree with others and think they are potentially going to miss out on attracting the customers that wear green & white, and believe me iv'e met quite a few in icmeler, why not just a scottish football bar.
tony-s

Postby gem7 » 10 May 2011 01:50

Don't see why anyone would want to go down the line of having specifically themed bars, especially one where there is such a big rivalry. A lot of customers will be lost and don't see it lasting long. I agree with most of the others that these bars should be kept in Marmaris, Hail hail :)
gem7
New User
New User

Postby JT » 10 May 2011 08:05

I won't even step foot in my own teams bar (and before you all get the boot in not because they weren't playing that good)

I just as Erik said think it is a waste of a bar as it could have been a sports bar or anything else but to keep all the Man U and other supporters out its daft

As Erik said also, play nicely folks
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby stevew » 10 May 2011 08:19

Hi, both me and the other half are Football supporters, the word being FOOTBALL. Even though we have our teams, we go to a good bar. i.e. Kactus or maybe this year the Ida, that isn't themed to watch them. Any banter with other fans there is normally, as tony-s say's all in good humour. :wink:
Steve
stevew

Advertisement

Postby dotty » 10 May 2011 10:02

shuggy bear wrote:well dotty you were the first person to mention sectarianism / vandalism ,so you basically started all this talk.

Only posting whats already been widely reported in the press, thats all. Funny how the truth always hurts....
dotty

Postby art deuchars » 10 May 2011 10:14

How about an East Fife bar , :lol: :lol: :lol:
art deuchars

Postby Annemc » 10 May 2011 13:59

dotty wrote:
shuggy bear wrote:well dotty you were the first person to mention sectarianism / vandalism ,so you basically started all this talk.

Only posting whats already been widely reported in the press, thats all. Funny how the truth always hurts....

Of all the thousands and thousands and thousands...... of Rangers fans it is only the bad behaviour of the minority which is reported in the press. Personally I don't rate these kind of places anyway.
Annemc

Postby scunny jim » 10 May 2011 15:36

I am a huge football fan although my team isn`t all that great. I personally am not bothered what they call the bars in Icmeler you only have to look around the place to see what type of people choose Icmeler year in year out.I have never seen any trouble at all in the 13 years i have been going.It is never going to attract a yob element, well thats my ten pennorth said. ENJOY.
scunny jim

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum