Rangers Bar in Icmeler

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Re: Rangers Bar in Icmeler

Postby itobradshaw1 » 10 May 2011 16:18

After reading all these reports i am glad i am a Rugby fan but not when i am on holiday :wink:
itobradshaw1

Advertisement

Postby jayj » 10 May 2011 17:41

Deary me..... I only wanted to say that the Geody Bar was now called the Rangers Bar did not think it would cause all this. :( More to the point when are the stalls opening ? now thats more of my cup of tea. Look on the bright side of it no matter what they are called they all sell Efes :lol:
jayj

Postby beth » 10 May 2011 18:30

well said jayj if you don't want to go to the bar then don't go in . that is the great thing about icmeler there is plenty of choice for everyone.
we will visit as we are rangers fans,but if not to our taste we will not go back .
beth

Postby dustylady » 11 May 2011 14:16

Beth I think you are missing the point most of the visitors to icmeler go here for the quiteness and as most people have said keep the football themed bars in marmaris I don't go to football bars never have and never will even if it is celtic or rangers I am scottish and don't even go in the scots bar in icmeler I prefer the turkish bar family run they as more friendly the themed bars my opion is that they only want you to fill sits to make the place look busier and you pay dearer for your drinks
dusty
dustylady
New User
New User

Postby Jinty04 » 11 May 2011 14:39

Each too their own :)
Jinty04
New User
New User

Postby MUSTAPHABUN » 11 May 2011 15:39

are we sure this is a Glasgow rangers bar, and not a queens park rangers, or even a connaught rangers bar.personally i think it will struggle because of it's location, not because of its affiliation to one side of the old firm.best of luck to them because at the end of the day like us it's people trying to make a living.
ps my other half is a rangers supporter i support celtic.
MUSTAPHABUN

Advertisement

Postby beth » 11 May 2011 18:10

dustylady i don't think i did miss the point .i agree with you we do'nt need football bars in icmeler there are plenty of other bars in resort .all i was saying was that we would probably go in once . and everyone has a choice.i like the peace and quiet of icmeler too
beth

Postby mr magoo » 12 May 2011 10:19

Personally, I don't really have an issue with any bars opening up(people have to try and earn a crust). I think that probably some Turkish chap has noticed that Rangers are quite a successful team (in Scotland) and realises they have quite a large following and thinks it's a good idea to open a bar bearing their name. however, like a lot of other people, I think it's probably misguided as I don't think people who follow other teams (not just Celtic fans) would want to drink in the bar simply cos of it's name. A bit sad, but that's how footie fans' minds work just as Erik has stated, it would be exactly the same if it was a Spurs/Arsenal situation and many other teams who have fierce rivals.

Hey, Bikerjambo, after last night's shenannigans.....'those in glass houses etc....' :oops: :shock:

magoo
mr magoo

Postby deeve » 12 May 2011 11:47

i'm a rangers fan and it's about time he sorted that yogi bear out from pinchin all those picnic baskets :lol:
deeve

Postby bikerjambo » 12 May 2011 16:27

mr magoo wrote:Personally, I don't really have an issue with any bars opening up(people have to try and earn a crust). I think that probably some Turkish chap has noticed that Rangers are quite a successful team (in Scotland) and realises they have quite a large following and thinks it's a good idea to open a bar bearing their name. however, like a lot of other people, I think it's probably misguided as I don't think people who follow other teams (not just Celtic fans) would want to drink in the bar simply cos of it's name. A bit sad, but that's how footie fans' minds work just as Erik has stated, it would be exactly the same if it was a Spurs/Arsenal situation and many other teams who have fierce rivals.

Hey, Bikerjambo, after last night's shenannigans.....'those in glass houses etc....' :oops: :shock:

magoo

1 idiot v 3500 rabid bigots in the away end

:P
bikerjambo

Postby Erik The Viking » 12 May 2011 17:06

This is getting boring now..... :(
Erik The Viking

Advertisement

Postby icmeler rocks » 12 May 2011 17:23

not what i joined this forum to read very sad that football can cause so much upset , lifes too short for goodness sake
icmeler rocks

Postby mks » 12 May 2011 17:51

Got to agree with the last two posts. If there was ever a time to lock a thread! :(
mks

Postby andy » 12 May 2011 17:55

Queens Park Rangers ?.
andy

Postby molly malone » 12 May 2011 18:41

bikerjambo - your posts on this thread are an embarrasment.
molly malone

Postby daviemc » 12 May 2011 18:55

molly malone wrote:bikerjambo - your posts on this thread are an embarrasment.

Couldn't agree more Molly
There might have been 3500 rabit bigots there but it only took 1 jambo fan to bring the whole of scottish football to shame :x
daviemc

Advertisement

Postby smc4761 » 12 May 2011 19:12

Mods this topic is going way off. i think that we have read the views on this topics and it should now be locked as it is becoming boring with the petty arguments

Stewart
smc4761

Postby JT » 12 May 2011 19:46

Political now and closed
JT
Admin
Admin

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum