Kanarya Apartments

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Kanarya Apartments

Postby Neets36 » 14 Apr 2005 20:43

Has anyone stayed at the Kanarya now that they have changed from a Hotel to Apartments? We've spent lots of holidays there and had a really good time (through Thomas Cook) but last year my friend (who is a travel agent) said they werent selling it any more so we stayed at the Efes instead and went round to the kanarya to have a peek. The guy in there let us have a look round, even tho it wasnt open but he didnt know which company were selling them for this year, having said this, another friend went in August and she said there were people in there .... Anyone got any info?? :D
Neets36

Advertisement

Postby JT » 15 Apr 2005 14:11

I always used the Kanarya pool while having a drink from Korsan bar but last year we were told to leave the pool area by the management who told us that using the pool for outside guests was not allowed anymore.

There wasn't a soul there only us but I had the feeling that at the time that it was open only to Turkish guests.

The bar staff at the Korsan were very annoyed as they were then losing custom as we left the bar.
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Colette » 07 May 2005 17:57

hiya i went to the kanarya last year when i was in icmeler, as id also stayed there the year previous, i was told it lost its tour company sunset and was only open to norwegains (sp) but the turkish people wanted the English to come back, id b gratefull for any info on the kanarya in the future as this was a great hotel, btw did u go int he new rooms? what were they like?
Colette

Postby Neets36 » 08 May 2005 14:11

Hi Colette,
The rooms were lovelly and spacious but they were still finishing them off when we went but the gaffa let us have a look round, quite impressive. We go out a week on Monday but I rang last week to check the price but they seem on the expensive side - if you want to PM me, I'll let you know what they quoted me (not sure I can post it on the forum??). We plan to have a look and maybe haggle when we go out so I'll keep you posted.

:D
Neets36

Postby suzy » 08 May 2005 14:38

Hello,stayed there a couple of years ago.....Fantastic.Not the same now though,I heard its only for the Scandinavians now.What a shame,had a really good time there.Dont know why,but it attracted really friendly people there,Ive never stayed anywhere were the guests were as friendly and such fun as there.and not a scandinavian in sight............
suzy

Postby Colette » 27 May 2005 16:54

any one got any updates on the kanarya? im getting desperate :D
Colette

Advertisement

Postby Guest » 27 May 2005 18:44

No wonder the English have a bad reputation abroad , with remarks like that! What's wrong with Scandinavians???? : :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Postby Neets36 » 28 May 2005 15:51

We asked at the Korsan Bar and were told that the Kanarya was for Scandanavians and Dutch so thats that - suppose you could always book direct if you want to - I've got the number if you want to PM me ..
Neets36

Postby Colette » 30 May 2005 16:09

aww so thats it then neets, no more kanarya :( ave to look to the mitos tho maybe? thanks for the info neets :)
Colette

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum