Changes

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Changes

Postby redrhino12 » 24 Apr 2015 17:16

The Scotia Bar has moved from further up the road from the Chill Bar to its new place across from the police station next to LFC Bar called Geordie Bar.
Also have seen pics of the complete demolition of Friar Tucks restaurant,but Christine says they will be opening Late???,maybe the 15th May after the fitting of a new electric roof bar etc.

Erdem Cafe has moved from the sea front to near the Kontes Hotel and Coco Beach restaurant but 25mtrs further back from the sea front.The old Erdem is to be called "Babam"
redrhino12

Advertisement

Re: Changes

Postby geordie1970 » 24 Apr 2015 17:22

redrhino12 wrote:The Scotia Bar has moved from further up the road from the Chill Bar to its new place across from the police station next to LFC Bar called Geordie Bar.
Also have seen pics of the complete demolition of Friar Tucks restaurant,but Christine says they will be opening Late???,maybe the 15th May after the fitting of a new electric roof bar etc.

Erdem Cafe has moved from the sea front to near the Kontes Hotel and Coco Beach restaurant but 25mtrs further back from the sea front.The old Erdem is to be called "Babam"

Cheers for the info ... Was one of our favourite haunts after a cheap Meal in the Tandoori Sizzler :wink: ... Wonder how that's doing with the new rules etc?? :shock:
geordie1970

Postby JT » 24 Apr 2015 17:26

You would not believe what Icmeler looks like at the moment

Nobody took the Mayor of Marmaris seriously (including us) when he said last November that all the roofs have to come off and electric one fitted

The scrap men are making a fortune and they are hovering like vultures waiting for roofs to come off

We have taken the roof off the Tandoori and also our office and we are in the process of getting the new electric roof fitted within the next few days hopefully

Seems to me that some bars or restaurants may not open as the electrics cost thousands of lira to install

I have never known Icmeler to be so not ready but it will all come together quickly I am sure
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby geordie1970 » 24 Apr 2015 19:02

JT wrote:You would not believe what Icmeler looks like at the moment

Nobody took the Mayor of Marmaris seriously (including us) when he said last November that all the roofs have to come off and electric one fitted

The scrap men are making a fortune and they are hovering like vultures waiting for roofs to come off

We have taken the roof off the Tandoori and also our office and we are in the process of getting the new electric roof fitted within the next few days hopefully

Seems to me that some bars or restaurants may not open as the electrics cost thousands of lira to install

I have never known Icmeler to be so not ready but it will all come together quickly I am sure

Omg! ... Thanks for the update John :wink:

Wasn't aware of the 'Electric Roof' issue? ... What's that all about?? ... What's wrong with the normal hand operated awnings?? :shock:

Heard that the Scotia Bar has moved up to the old 'Geordie Bar' .... So is someone else moving into their old premises and is Abraham, Mico and Smiler etc back at the Tandoori Sizzler?

Cheers
geordie1970

Postby bazzag65 » 25 Apr 2015 09:18

Glad to hear the Scotia lads will still be there, great bunch of lads, might also bring a bit of life to that strip as always seemed quiet there.
Keep the updates coming Gene please !!
bazzag65
New User
New User

Postby geordie1970 » 25 Apr 2015 09:57

bazzag65 wrote:Glad to hear the Scotia lads will still be there, great bunch of lads, might also bring a bit of life to that strip as always seemed quiet there.
Keep the updates coming Gene please !!

Hopefully Bazza, cracking bunch in the Scotia Bar and even though we're 'Geordies' we've never visited the Geordie Bar or any Bars on that strip :shock: ... But we may this year in June/July :D
geordie1970

Advertisement

Postby mansy » 26 Apr 2015 08:59

I'm all for some changes are being made in Icmeler, but I really do hope that this Mayor of Marmaris doesn't go to far. After all...another Marmaris would be a disaster. I look forward to seeing it all for myself in September, hopefully by then it will ALL be finished.. Please keep the info on the changes coming.
mansy

Postby JT » 26 Apr 2015 09:10

Icmeler will look a lot more up market when all done
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby blondie » 26 Apr 2015 09:33

Yes - have to agree with you there, JT. I'm looking forward to seeing all the changes and genuinely believe they will be for the better of Icmeler in the long term.
blondie

Postby mansy » 26 Apr 2015 11:27

Fingers crossed, can't wait to see it all.
What's going along the beach in front of the hotels where they've dug it all up ?
mansy

Postby smc4761 » 26 Apr 2015 11:37

Mansy, the mayor is making lots of changes and is trying to get Icmeler back to where it was many years ago. He is dong the opposite of turning it into another Marmaris

Many places had been flouting the laws for years, illegal builds etc, the mayor is simply now enforcing the rules. I think a few places will go under but those that survive will be much better places to eat, drink and be entertained. As JT says perhaps moving it a little upmarket

My understanding is that there is supposed to be no building work/very little building work allowed atthe start of May, so will be interesting to see how much this is enforced as some palces have a lot still to do
smc4761

Advertisement

Postby chezza100 » 27 Apr 2015 08:08

Seen pics of some places with their new roofs and they do look fabulous.

I'd heard several places are opening later than usual, wishing everybody all the best for the season ahead......
chezza100

Postby DaveyD » 27 Apr 2015 09:05

chezza100 wrote:Seen pics of some places with their new roofs and they do look fabulous.

I'd heard several places are opening later than usual, wishing everybody all the best for the season ahead......

It'd be interesting to see what they looked like in comparison to the old, you wouldn't have any links at all would you ?

hopefully Icmeler won't be a building site come the start of the season. :lol:
DaveyD

Postby chezza100 » 27 Apr 2015 12:55

There's some really good up to date pics of various places on the Icmeler Lovers Facebook page - think you may need to join to see them though.

Hope I'm not breaking forum rules posting this :)
chezza100

Postby cmac » 27 Apr 2015 13:00

can the businesses not get grants for the new roofs ? seems a bit harsh to impose such a change, given the cost. Scotia Bar beside LFC bar ? My son likes LFC and we were in a few times, nice enough bar & people, and bar beside it seems very nice also, but like you say it was never overly busy. Looking forward to seeing the changes. Seems to be more and more meddling as the years go by
cmac

Postby cmac » 27 Apr 2015 13:01

Chezza , I don't do facebook or any of that other "social media" nonsense, could you list some prices on here if possible ?
cmac

Advertisement

Postby geordie1970 » 27 Apr 2015 13:42

cmac wrote:Chezza , I don't do facebook or any of that other "social media" nonsense, could you list some prices on here if possible ?

Same here .... Got a lot more better things to do, like post loads on here! lol :lol:
geordie1970

Postby blondie » 27 Apr 2015 15:28

It's surprising what you learn from it - pics being posted daily, for example
blondie

Postby chezza100 » 28 Apr 2015 07:21

I'm just checking with the guys that added the photos to make sure I am ok to share - don't want to get in trouble :)
chezza100

Postby dksbbs » 28 Apr 2015 11:21

Post removed by author, I got my info mixed up.
dksbbs

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum